Sonic Mobile Communicator not answering calls on iPhone

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by worthy.ken » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:23 pm
I was using Sonic Mobile Communicator on my android phone for a long time. It's definitely an extremely useful thing to have. But now I've transitioned to an iPhone, and SMC doesn't answer calls sometimes, particularly if I haven't accessed the app in a while (hours or days). It almost seems that when I haven't been using the app, it goes to sleep and thus won't answer calls, even when it's still listed in the list of apps.

On my Android phones, the SMC app was always ready and waiting to answer calls and always was active when I restarted the phone.

When I go into SMC and make a call or check messages or something, then it seems to wake up and starts answering phone calls for a while (not sure how long).

In the Call Manager, I have all the settings set properly, including Available and Ring all phones together.

Does iPhone put apps to sleep or something?

On a related note, I've seen some posts here refer to Accession Communicator. It looks pretty similar to SMC. Can I assume that they're the same thing, and that I don't need to use Accession Communicator instead of SMC?

Thanks for any help.
by worthy.ken » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:04 pm
UPDATE: I've just seen that "Sonic Mobile Communicator" isn't listed in the settings->General->Background app refresh, so maybe SMC is not updated to work with the latest iOS.

Is this possibly the problem?
2 posts Page 1 of 1