Don't want voice line, paying fees

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by raballard » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:02 am
My gigabit fiber service came with a "free" voice line that I don't want and haven't hooked up. Now that I've got my first bill, I see that I'm paying about $10/month in fees for this unconnected voice line. This basically means that my sonic internet service is $10 more expensive than it should be.

Sonic support has told me that there is no way to opt out of the voice line. I'm pretty unhappy that you're making me pay $10/mo for a service I'm not using. Please reconsider this policy.
by julienseret » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:32 am
I can't find better words to describe my situation as well. I don't want the phone line either. I was initially attracted by the $40+taxes/month price but it seems there is absolutely no way to get that price. This is just totally misleading and false advertizing.
I encourage everyone to post a message here. I am hoping that Sonic's marketing is sensitive to this. Please review this policy.
Julien
by bambam » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:33 am
I thought that it was glaringly obvious that voice was included in the service before I signed up. It was still cheaper than the service I had before.

If you don't like it, switch to something else!
by stoametz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:41 pm
I think that the point isn't how obvious or not that a phone line is included, I think the point is more that you cannot get DSL through Sonic without a voice line. And frankly, who uses a home phone to actually talk to people with any more? Combine that with the massive taxation on phone lines in SF and it is no longer attractive.

And since we're the customers, Sonic should be sensitive to our needs and wants.
by davegolden » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:47 pm
What is probably most ridiculous about this requirement is that you can get DSL from AT&T without adding a phone line, and they are the phone company!
by ngufra » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:38 pm
AT&T indeed offers it. it's called "Naked DSL" or technically a "dry loop" but it may end up being more expensive that getting the free line and paying for the taxes (It was last time i checked).
by glev » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:12 pm
I agree that this service should not be forced upon Internet users. I knew about the phone line and try to use it, but the service provided is nowhere near as good as most $10/month services. I cannot even disable the line from ringing my cell phone without essentially turning all the services off. I can only forward voicemail to one email. And I can only forward this line to one other number. I could probably name 5 other services that do much more for $10 a month - or us Google Voice for free.

Happy with the internet and the price, but please improve the phone service you are offering, since you are forcing users to pay for it.

Thanks!
by miken » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 am
glev wrote:I cannot even disable the line from ringing my cell phone without essentially turning all the services off. I can only forward voicemail to one email. And I can only forward this line to one other number.
You can actually do all of those things in Membertools. If you are having trouble please feel free to PM me a list of what exactly you'd like to happen when someone calls you and I can help set that up.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by selmore1 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:14 am
bambam's comment is just rude and nowhere close to useful. It doesn't matter how obvious it was, the addition of the phone line is just a scam. As Sonic grows, they not longer act like a small innovator but now treat their customers as poorly as any other large corporation does. It's a shame to watch them devolve into the establishment.
by virtualmike » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:13 pm
bambam is another customer, not a Sonic staff member.
10 posts Page 1 of 1