Caller ID in Santa Rosa not working

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by anklam » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:42 am
For customers in Santa Rosa, is your caller ID working? Ours stopped functioning when the fires reached Santa Rosa on Monday 10/9. Thanks.
by mike.perlas » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:18 am
The fires shouldn't have effected caller ID. Have you checked your phones call logs? Many times caller ID will stop functioning when the phone's call logs are full. Clearing the history should resolve the issue.
Mikey P.
Technical Support Supervisor
Sonic
by anklam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:17 pm
Cleared the caller ID logs, but still not seeing caller ID info. We never lost power here, and the phone's basestation, Sonic IP phone adapter, and U-verse modem are powered by a large UPS. I may try a hard reset on all the gear.
by tikvah » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:44 pm
I'm in Petaluma and mine stopped working about the same time (not sure exactly when because I left town during the fires). The phone rings normally but doesn't show who is calling. The calls without ID don't show up in my phone's history. The last call in the history is from 3pm Oct 14th.
by anklam » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:05 pm
The solution was to do a hard reset on the Sonic phone adapter: Disconnect phone line, disconnect ethernet line, unplug. Reverse that order when reconnecting. Caller ID started working immediately.

However, there must have been something still odd going on with the local Caller ID system because for a week my mother-in-law's number would be announced as "Santa Rosa" not her name "G------ M-----". Then it just magically started announcing her name like it used to.
by tikvah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 pm
It suddenly started working again a week or so ago. Go figure.
6 posts Page 1 of 1