Voicemail via IMAP?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by michaelkwun » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:14 pm
I'm a new Fiber customer. It seems that that there is no IMAP access to voicemail message for Sonic Voice for Fiber customers - or, at least, there is no mention of it on the FTTN and Fiber Voicemail wiki page. And, indeed, when I have a voicemail message, nothing appears in a Voicemail folder in my Sonic IMAP account.

Any chance that IMAP access to voicemail messages will be enabled for Fiber customers?
by kgc » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:19 pm
Unfortunately, no. You can, however, forward the voicemails as email using the commportal in the membertools.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by michaelkwun » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:02 pm
Thanks for the response.

That's too bad. The email forwarding option is nice, but I'd really love to have an option where deleting an email results in making the blinking light on my landline go away.
by danielg4 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:51 pm
michaelkwun wrote:Thanks for the response.

That's too bad. The email forwarding option is nice, but I'd really love to have an option where deleting an email results in making the blinking light on my landline go away.
With e-mail forwarding, the light simply does not blink in the first place, unless you elect to leave a copy in your voicemail inbox.
by michaelkwun » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:11 pm
Yes, but I like the blinking light. I just want it to go away once I've deleted the message, and I'd like that to happen even if I delete the message via another device.

My current plan is to keep a bookmark on my phone's home screen that takes me to the vm page on the Sonic portal. That will let me delete messages without having to go through the phone tree. It's a bit clunky, because I need to log in on that page, but it will do.
5 posts Page 1 of 1