Phone with Sonic Fiber

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by abhi.kris » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 pm
Howdy folks. I'm sure this is a basic question but I can't find any documentation on how this works. It maybe that it doesn't work at all.

Q: I was given the little plastic telephone that plugs into my phone jack for Sonic Fusion DSL but since my upgrade to Fiber I'm not really sure where this plugs in. I believe the number is still alive but I'd like to use the landline every now and then.

Any ideas?
by amayfield » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:39 am
You'll just plug it into your phone jack. During your Fiber installation the Sonic installer should have activated your phone jack(s) for voice. If there is no dial tone at any of your phone jacks then we'll need to arrange for another dispatch and you can call Support to schedule that. Support can be reached at 888.766.4233 and are available every day 8am to 10pm.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by virtualmike » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:00 pm
abhi.kris wrote:Q: I was given the little plastic telephone that plugs into my phone jack for Sonic Fusion DSL but since my upgrade to Fiber I'm not really sure where this plugs in.
Are you referring to the DSL filter? With DSL it plugged into the phone jack, and then you plugged the modem line and the phone line into it.

If that's what you mean, you no longer need it with fiber service.
by danielg4 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:47 pm
If you've upgraded to Fiber, there is no further use for the DSL filter. The landline is already split off at the ONT in your garage.
4 posts Page 1 of 1