Call forwarding

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
by palladino25 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:42 pm
I left ATT for Sonic.net which is clearly a superior service, except for call forwarding. Please add a feature to allow users to select the number of rings before a call is forwarded...ATT had this feature and Sonic.net should not be out done!
by dane » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:06 pm
Currently our forwarding option is pretty basic: it forwards all calls to the number you select. It can be configured via the web (Member Tools here: https://members.sonic.net/ ), or by calling *72 to enable, *73 to disable. (Docs here: https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Call_Forwarding )

I don't think we've got this specific feature request, so it would be a good idea to put it in the request queue, see how others respond by voting, etc: http://sonicnet.uservoice.com/forums/138102-feedback

Thanks!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by loophole@sonic.net » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:05 pm
I also would like to see additional call forwarding options- such as busy call forwarding, no answer ( certain # of rings) call forwarding and remote access call forwarding

Lew
by dane » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:09 am
loophole@sonic.net wrote:I also would like to see additional call forwarding options- such as busy call forwarding, no answer ( certain # of rings) call forwarding and remote access call forwarding

Lew
Remote access to call forwarding setup is available today, on the web in our Member Tools. Upper right corner of the website, then in the Voice section.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by lrw » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:37 pm
Dane

i know that I can initiate remote setting from the web. But when I was with AT&T I was able to initiate call forwarding from another phone by calling a special number. This was nice when I forgot to set up call forwarding before i left the office- or got delayed getting back to my office and wanted to initiate call forwarding from another phone when the web site wasn't readily accessible to me.
It isnt at the top of my list ( busy call forwarding and no answer call forwarding are much more important) but I found that I did use that before.
Of course if I had busy call forwarding and no answer call forwarding it probably wouldn't be necessary as I probably keep those services on all the time and thus wouldn't need the remote option.

Lew
by dane » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:50 pm
Lew,

We are working on an iPhone app which will allow settings changes like forwarding to be made without using the website.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by lrw » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 pm
Thanks Dane- but not all of us have an iphone.

Lew
by dane » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:21 pm
Well, we can't do everything at once.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ChrisW6ATV » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:07 am
dane wrote:Remote access to call forwarding setup is available today, on the web in our Member Tools. Upper right corner of the website, then in the Voice section.
I am happy to see that this is available, yet another reason to switch away from AT&T. They just doubled their monthly add-on price for this service (from a phone, not through a Web site, but with near-ubiquitous Internet access available, that is not a big deal).

I am also glad that I was able to find this post, rather than ask the same question in a new topic less than two weeks after it was already answered. Forum search works! (-:
by Guest » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:01 pm
loophole@sonic.net wrote:I also would like to see additional call forwarding options- such as busy call forwarding, no answer ( certain # of rings) call forwarding and remote access call forwarding

Lew
I'm curious if there's any timeline to implement these features specifically.
13 posts Page 1 of 2