Just Internet but no Landline?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Doris » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:18 pm
I wonder if in the near future we can just get internet only and not the landline. If the package just costs $39.95 I don't mind having the landline. But with all the taxes/fees, it adds up quite a big and it's not much different than paying for AT&T (especially with AT&T I can get a measured rate plan which the taxes/fees are lower). I know that most people nowadays don't really use home phone much, if at all. And having to pay all those taxes/fees is just a waste of money. AT&T does offer the DSL only ($5 more without landline) and I wonder why Sonic can't do the same.
by tjj » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:23 pm
Dane posted a bit about this before:
Sorry, we have no plans to offer Fusion without voice service included. The overall product philosophy is to embed all features in a single product. This decreases complexity in billing, marketing and implementation, allowing for the lowest cost possible.

The unified product allows for an astounding number of features: broadband, static IP, web hosting, land line, unlimited long distance, and now calling to Canada, all for one single price.

For more on this topic, see the article at:
http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2010/09/09/why-include-phone/
Tage J.
Sonic.net Customer Support
2 posts Page 1 of 1