NoMoRoBo

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
by baggins » Fri May 26, 2017 5:48 pm
How do I remove a number (actually numbers) from the NoRoMoBo black Hole? Is the blacklist user generated/crowd sourced?
There is a way to add (block) phone numbers, but no way to whitelist. A local company I do business with is unable to call me.
(We have a couple of rental units, the Credit Bureau we use for tenant applications has been blocked.)
I went to the RoBoNoMo web site but as a Sonic customer I could not sign in to contact them.
The MoBoRoNo idea is good, it seems to reduce calls, but if I can’t see who has been blocked, and if I can’t “unblock” numbers then I guess I will have to turn it off.
Thomas McIntyre
Baggins@well.com
Support Camp Mather
http://www.campmather.com/
by amayfield » Fri May 26, 2017 6:11 pm
Our phone number blocklist is a combination of manually curated phone numbers comprised of malicious / spam phone numbers submitted by our customers and a list of Spam / Telemarketer phone numbers provided by NoMoRoBo. If you know of phone numbers that appear to be blocked erroneously we should be able to remove them from the list. You can PM me the phone numbers and I"ll submit the request for you or you can call Support to make the request. Support can be reached at 888.7664233, every day 8am to 10pm.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by baggins » Sun May 28, 2017 9:35 am
"You are not authorised to send private messages."

Is the response when i attempt PM :?
Thomas McIntyre
Baggins@well.com
Support Camp Mather
by baggins » Sun May 28, 2017 10:06 am
the company that is unable to call me is
CREDIT BUREAU ASSOCIATES in Fairfield. They say:
"our numbers at CBA are
707.429.3211 or 800-564-8440".
Please unblock these.
Thanks!
Tom
Thomas McIntyre
Baggins@well.com
Support Camp Mather
by amayfield » Sun May 28, 2017 10:12 am
That is odd about the private messaging, I'll have to look into that further. Thank you for providing the phone numbers in question, I'll get those over to the folks who manage the list for review and removal.
Andrew M.
Sonic
by amayfield » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:37 pm
Hello!

Our team that manages the blocklist has gotten back to me. They report 800-564-8440 was not on the list - if you are having issues receiving calls from this phone number it may be due to a routing issue - I recommend you generate a fresh call example and get that information over to our Support team.

707-429-3211 was on the blocklist, likely due to being reported for spam / abuse. Collection agencies have a tendency to aggressively call phone numbers that have been falsified or abandoned by the original party. We've unblocked the phone number but if we receive complaints of abuse we'll have to block it again.

If you have any questions let me know.
Andrew M.
Sonic
by Katherine Preston » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:05 pm
I have been getting calls from GORDON SCHWENKMAN 858-496-2104

This number shows up in Google as a problem number for the last several years. It may not be robo, but it does seem to be a scam and should probably be blocked for everyone.
by virtualmike » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:38 pm
amayfield wrote:707-429-3211 was on the blocklist, likely due to being reported for spam/abuse.
I use CBA also for tenant credit checks, and I have met some of the owners and management team.

Can just one or two disgruntled customers with a billing dispute cause a number to get on the blocklist?
by Doug M » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:22 am
Received a robo call from "guest rewards" at 9:12 this morning. 707-544-5435
by PleasePlease » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:12 pm
This is NOT the thread to ask for blocking of phone numbers slinging SPAM. That thread is :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1097
11 posts Page 1 of 2