Feature request: landline + gigabyte fiber internet

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by keaton » Sat May 20, 2017 7:55 am
Hi - I just wanted to say that I was all set to upgrade to gigabyte fiber internet from my existing Fusion broadband account, until I was told that the phone service would switch from dedicated landline to VoiP - which means (for me) less security. I also manage my elderly mother's Sonic account and switching the service for her would mean that she would no longer have phone access during a power outage (this is also a deal breaker).

If Sonic could offer the gigabyte fiber Internet while retaining an existing dedicated landline that is part of the Fusion service, I would switch/upgrade both accounts with no hesitation. Is there any chance Sonic could offer this option?

Thank you.
by danielg4 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:25 pm
They already offer Voice-Only Fusion for $10/month which you can tack onto gigabit fiber and use the VoIP as a second line (or not at all). However, there is a $150 setup fee and a one-year commitment. Still, the fiber is worth that unless maybe you're on the same block as the central office (19th and Kirkham or 9th and Geary).
by dane » Sat May 20, 2017 7:28 pm
keaton wrote:Hi - I just wanted to say that I was all set to upgrade to gigabyte fiber internet from my existing Fusion broadband account, until I was told that the phone service would switch from dedicated landline to VoiP - which means (for me) less security. I also manage my elderly mother's Sonic account and switching the service for her would mean that she would no longer have phone access during a power outage (this is also a deal breaker).

If Sonic could offer the gigabyte fiber Internet while retaining an existing dedicated landline that is part of the Fusion service, I would switch/upgrade both accounts with no hesitation. Is there any chance Sonic could offer this option?

Thank you.
The fiber delivered telephone service can be backed up with an optional battery, which is $99 one-time. The rechargeable lithium battery unit should last a decade, and provides 8-12 hours of backup.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1