Potential customer question for Sonic support re porting

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Peter D » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:33 pm
I've been waiting to complete some home renovations before moving to Fusion, but AT&T's recent "we're forcing you to U-Verse" letter has me ready to subscribe now!

Here's my question:

I will be switching over two AT&T voice lines (one currently has AT&T DSL). At some point after doing this, I'd like to port one of these numbers to my existing Broadvoice VoIP account, but NOT lose my Fusion line. I know Broadvoice can handle porting in the number, but typically porting OUT a number results in an account being closed or line being disconnected.

Has Sonic worked with subscribers before to (or if this would be a first, would you be confident in being able to) port out a number while retaining (and assigning a new number to) the Fusion line?

Thanks,
Peter
by dane » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:48 pm
Yes, this will work fine - all Fusion lines must have voice as part of the bundle, so if you port away the number we assign a new number. When you port out, we'll simply assign a new (random) tel number to the line you port voice off of.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:50 pm
Oh, one more note that may be of use to you Peter: we have upcoming product changes that will affect the dual line service, so if you want the current product in it's current form and price, order by close of business Weds the 29th.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Peter D » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 pm
Thanks, Dane.

I happen to be overseas at the moment, so trying to figure out how critical this deadline is. If my order went in after Weds, would I be looking at a higher or lower price?
by dane » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 pm
Peter D wrote:Thanks, Dane.

I happen to be overseas at the moment, so trying to figure out how critical this deadline is. If my order went in after Weds, would I be looking at a higher or lower price?
Drop me an email and we can discuss. Dane@sonic.net
Dane Jasper
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1