Why can't ported # be unlisted??

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
by dloeb » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:29 pm
Sonic reps told me it has to stay the same way as when it was ported over. Don't really understand why and I'm sure there has to be a way to change it to unlisted.
by dane » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 pm
Unfortunately, at this point listings remain as they were - unlisted if you were unlisted, and listed if you were.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:47 pm
What happens for someone who doesn't port a number; i.e., Sonic.net issues a brand new number for that person? Is the number unlisted in that case?

Does Sonic.net have to provide names to the database for Fusion customers?
by dane » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 am
Newly issued numbers are unlisted. Of course the data is there for e911, but we do not put the numbers into the directory system.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:24 pm
dane wrote:Newly issued numbers are unlisted.
So if someone wants to change from listed to unlisted, s/he could just have Sonic.net issue a new number? :geek:
by dane » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:15 pm
virtualmike wrote:
dane wrote:Newly issued numbers are unlisted.
So if someone wants to change from listed to unlisted, s/he could just have Sonic.net issue a new number? :geek:
Yes, we can disconnect/change the existing and issue new.

-Dne
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dloeb » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:16 pm
Any update on this? I still really need my ported number to be unlisted please.
by dane » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:57 pm
dloeb wrote:Any update on this? I still really need my ported number to be unlisted please.
Was it unlisted before ou ported it? If so, it should remain te same.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dloeb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:09 am
No it wasn't unlisted before the port. Just hoping policies have changed and I can get it unlisted now. thanks
by dane » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:44 am
dloeb wrote:No it wasn't unlisted before the port. Just hoping policies have changed and I can get it unlisted now. thanks
No, afraid not.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
12 posts Page 1 of 2