Landline has a short now

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Kauschen » Wed May 10, 2017 10:47 am
Had Sonic fiber installed yesterday, but we have a phone line running into our kitchen that worked fine prior to installation that now doesn't work. The installer said, "There must be a short" and couldn't do anything about it. I contacted support today and they said we should contact a wiring tech to replace the line [that was just fine before installation] to remove the short. I don't have any idea who to contact that is a wiring tech or why Sonic couldn't have just re-run a wire since they did that to another jack in the house.

Any input?
by virtualmike » Wed May 10, 2017 10:08 pm
If the line had a short, then none of the phones would work. It sounds to me that the wire to the kitchen has been disconnected, perhaps partially.
by Kauschen » Fri May 12, 2017 8:50 pm
Thanks for the tip. It sounds plausible. The guy who did the install when he hooked the wire up from the kitchen phone said it sounded like there was a phone off the hook and there was no dial tone. As I said, oddly enough it worked just fine before he did the install and he even ran a new wire to the phone jack in the front of the house, but wouldn't do it to the kitchen. I think because he was approaching 4.5 hours on the install and there were guys calling him every 5 minutes asking him where he was.
3 posts Page 1 of 1