I don't need two voice lines but.....

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
by allenwoo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:31 am
Hi,

I have two lines fusions now but I don't really need two voice lines. Taxes and fees are pretty expensive. But I like the speed that I am getting with bonded pair. Is there any option for me? Can I get one fusion line and one dry loop? Its really a waste of money for having 2 voice lines and I don't really even use landline that much at all?

Thanks,

Allen
by dane » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:47 pm
allenwoo wrote:Can I get one fusion line and one dry loop? Its really a waste of money for having 2 voice lines and I don't really even use landline that much at all?
No, we only off the Fusion product one way - with all the features included. It's a strategic decision for us around product simplification.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:10 pm
I was wondering, is the simplification (all lines have voice) one of making it easier to train support? Or does it have to do with regulatory approval? Or is dial-tone on a line a good way to keep telco linemen from thinking it's an available pair?
by dane » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:33 pm
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ankh » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:10 pm
Hm, if I had a second line, could I rent the voice pair to a neighbor?
I suppose that would be too clever.
How about hooking up a payphone out on the sidewalk?
Nah.
by wa2ibm » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:33 pm
ankh wrote:Hm, if I had a second line, could I rent the voice pair to a neighbor?
Unless, of course, you enjoy the police/fire/ambulance crews showing up at your door when the neighbor dials 911. :D
by dane » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:51 pm
ankh wrote:Hm, if I had a second line, could I rent the voice pair to a neighbor?
I suppose that would be too clever.
How about hooking up a payphone out on the sidewalk?
Nah.
http://sonic.net/solutions/home/interne ... sonableuse
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ankh » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:46 pm
Understood.

As an aside, I realize you're not supporting the old free neighborhood wifi by Sonic at this point -- I was an early adopter with the Meraki setup, and it was good PR for Sonic and helpful off and on to short term renters nearby and to some folks with elderly relatives.

I had real hopes for that -- one feature that made it attractive was knowing it was on its own IP address, so activity wasn't automatically my responsibility.

I'm still hoping to see something like that, that would let me use some aspect of this technology to tie the neighborhood together in some useful ways -- whether a voice "party line" or a shared neighborhood watch website or just a chat line for people in line of sight.
by Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:46 pm
ankh wrote:Understood.

As an aside, I realize you're not supporting the old free neighborhood wifi by Sonic at this point -- I was an early adopter with the Meraki setup, and it was good PR for Sonic and helpful off and on to short term renters nearby and to some folks with elderly relatives.

I had real hopes for that -- one feature that made it attractive was knowing it was on its own IP address, so activity wasn't automatically my responsibility.

I'm still hoping to see something like that, that would let me use some aspect of this technology to tie the neighborhood together in some useful ways -- whether a voice "party line" or a shared neighborhood watch website or just a chat line for people in line of sight.
I would also love to see this. (I was on dial up when the sonic hotspot was in effect, and unfortunately it was killed right before I was able to get high speed)

I live next door to a bi weekly farmers market and a weekly swap meet and the county fair... having a usable free AP with a good "try sonic.net, your local ISP" ssid or somthing similar, would seem like fantastic advertising to me.
9 posts Page 1 of 1