Gigabit Fiber Telephone Adaptor

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by donmacsonic » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:59 pm
The Sonic wiki states that:
Pace 5268AC------These LEDs are for VOIP service, which we are not providing through the 5268 at this time. I had assumed this would be all-in-one - both internet and voice.

So it would appear that a separate telephone network adaptor is required for the VOIP portion of the Gigabit Fiber Subscription. Where can I get a description and see the telephone network adaptor?

Though it is described that you can supply your own router there is no mention that you can bring your own telephone network adaptor. Indeed, the inference from the wiki is that the rental fee includes both OTA and TNA. Is there a separate rental amount if you choose NOT to use the PACE 5268C for the telephone network adaptor?

The installation videos I have watched showed no separate installation for VOIP - just the OTA and router. Must it be installed next to the OTA?
by miken » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:33 pm
donmacsonic wrote:The Sonic wiki states that:
Pace 5268AC------These LEDs are for VOIP service, which we are not providing through the 5268 at this time. I had assumed this would be all-in-one - both internet and voice.

So it would appear that a separate telephone network adaptor is required for the VOIP portion of the Gigabit Fiber Subscription. Where can I get a description and see the telephone network adaptor?

Though it is described that you can supply your own router there is no mention that you can bring your own telephone network adaptor. Indeed, the inference from the wiki is that the rental fee includes both OTA and TNA. Is there a separate rental amount if you choose NOT to use the PACE 5268C for the telephone network adaptor?

The installation videos I have watched showed no separate installation for VOIP - just the OTA and router. Must it be installed next to the OTA?
The VOIP provided over our Sonic Gigabit Fiber is done through the ONT. The only service we provide that uses it's own telephone adapter is our Fusion FTTN service.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by dane » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:30 pm
We've got a pretty comprehensive technology overview published here that you might find interesting:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3389

The ONT is the devices that delivers gigabit Ethernet and POTS, and the datasheet is even linked from this post. More info than you're likely to want! :)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by donmacsonic » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:25 am
Thank Dane and Mike. Superb responses. Never saw a spec sheet I did not like and apologize if I had not dug deep enough.

My understanding is complete. With this knowledge I will now also string a POTS line in preparation for install.

Really charming yesterday to see the guys going door-to-door, old school, informing the neighborhood that our activation, here in the Inner Sunset, truly nears.
4 posts Page 1 of 1