Voice Service under FTTN

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by tikvah » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:32 pm
I had my landline service working well under Fusion. Then I switched to FTTN and everything is different. The interface for managing voice under member tools is totally different as well.

I lost all my settings with the transfer. Voicemail wasn't even activated (the phone would just ring and ring) and I didn't have international calling. After fixing those things, the phone would ring (or not) but go straight to voicemail. I logged in and saw that I wasn't "available for calls." Now I am.

I have the service set to ring the actual phone and go to voicemail after 20 seconds. No forwarding, nothing. It rings but we can't answer it. Last night it wouldn't allow me to answer on one handset because the other was "busy." Maybe this was a problem on my end, I don't know, but when I accidentally leave a handset on, the caller should get a busy signal and the phone won't ring. Today someone called me and we tried to answer and it immediately put us into voicemail. I mean it told us to leave a voicemail message. Huh? I hung up and called the person back (she had gotten our voicemail and left a message).

I'm looking at the settings (call manager) and it all looks correct. I'm also reading the online manual and can't find anything relevant.

-----

Then there are the voicemail messages. I can no longer get notified by text message that I have a message from so and so (gives name (or city if no name) and number). I liked those because email can take up to an hour to send.

The email notices (I have them go to my computer and my phone email) are not as informative as before.

OLD message:
Subject: Fusion Voicemail from SANTA ROSA CA [707-[redacted]] 00:11
Body: You have received a new Fusion Voicemail Message
From SANTA ROSA CA at 707-[redacted] on Fri Oct 21 07:02:29 2011 00:11 long.

NEW message:
Subject: Fwd: Voice message from WIRELESS CALLER (415-[redacted]) to [my #]
Body: The attached message was recently left in your voicemail account for [my #]. We are sending you this email because you have asked for your messages to be forwarded to this address.

Yes, the from address is the phone number. With the email address of non-mail-user@voicemail.sonic.net.
Note that the message does not give the length, which is very useful and in fact vital for longer messages. And the name and number of the caller are no longer in the body of the message. Both emails do contain the audio file.

-----

Okay, LOVE that you now have a "reject selected" feature.

-----

If you could please let me know how to set it so I get text notifications of voicemails and how to include the length of the call in the email message, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
by miken » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:57 am
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to list the voicemail length in the e-mail notification. Along those lines, we also don't have a straight to text notification available yet. However, you can create a work around by having the e-mail send to your phone number. (This website lists the way to do that based on your cell carrier: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/email-to-sms/). For example, if you had the number 707-522-1000 and were on Verizon, you would set the notification e-mails to send to 7075221000@vtext.com.

Also, I think I may have found the setting that is causing issues for you in Membertools. I'd be happy to to toggle this setting and we can test and see if that fixes things. Feel free to send me a PM here on the forums and I can make that change for you.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1