Voice-only Fusion: unlisted number blocks easy detection for the port?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by ken.louie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:15 pm
I already have Fusion x1 phone/internet on one line.
But we have another AT&T landline in the household we'd like to move to voice-only Fusion to a)save a little money, b)get NoMoRobo and reduce the spam calls, and c)unlimited domestic calling.
The Check Availability screens said:
"We're sorry, but we were unable to verify xxx-xxx-xxxx a valid (non-uVerse) AT&T land-line phone number for the address .
If your number is not a mobile phone number, we can still move it to Sonic, but we’ll need to wait until after your Internet service is connected. For now, please choose a temporary phone number from below, and give us a call back to begin the porting process after your Internet is installed."

The only feature on the line in question is Unlisted Number. Could that be blocking the detection of the line?
I'd prefer not to install a temporary new number at that phone, while my original number is cut off from me for a week or two (i.e. family and friends call the original number and it just rings and rings hopelessly).
If the original number can be easily detected, would the voice-only fusion installation and port, be a matter of hours rather than days or weeks?

Would it be better if I have AT&T remove the Unlisted feature, before attempting this move to Sonic?
If so, how long after the removal, before a formerly Unlisted line is detectable by Sonic at the address? (i.e. how often do your databases update? daily, weekly, monthly?)
by virtualmike » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:32 pm
It was a while back, but when I switched to Fusion from AT&T, my number was unlisted and the port was done without any issues.

That was back when I had to call to switch to Fusion (before the online signup), so perhaps a call to Support is warranted?
2 posts Page 1 of 1