Transparency needed - Voice Taxes and Fees

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
by sn90000 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:56 pm
I've been with Sonic about two weeks and the changeover has gone smoothly. However, I just remembered to review my invoice and discovered the infamous Voice Taxes and Fees:

https://signup.sonic.com/fusion/taxesfees

These were not completely unexpected, but I think that Sonic would do better to advise customers explicitly during the sign up process. I could not find the above link hidden anywhere. The only wiki page link I found was under FUSF.

C'mon Sonic, we're rooting for you. Don't hide these like your big, slimy competitors do. Update your web site and wiki!
by blackmage » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:05 pm
1. When you sign up online (I'm assuming that is how you signed up since you didn't mention phone reps) there is a nice big question mark next to the total that will tell you about the taxes when you click on it. That page also has a link to estimated taxes by city. While this isn't as clear as including it in the checkout cart, it's also not hidden.

2. I don't understand what you mean by they don't have the information on their website. I went to Sonic.com and searched for taxes in the top right search bar and the first thing that popped up was taxes broken down by city.
by Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:10 pm
No, sn90000 is correct. It's disappointing Sonic's developers changed the availability webpage to have a different look while removing the question mark link to taxes in the old version.
by dane » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:12 pm
Sonic is more transparent about the details behind these items than anyone else in the industry. Not only do we publish a detailed description of every item, we link to source material so you can see the underlying current and historic rate levels. And unlike competitors, where an invoice line item might just say "CA DDTP", we use plain English on our documents, so it'll say something like "California Deaf and Disabled Telephony Program Fee". We also provide a current total estimate for every city we serve, because each city has their own unique voter-approved local taxes and fees. No other carrier that we have called will even provide an estimated total by phone, let alone publish the information on a website.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kgc » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:38 pm
Guest wrote:No, sn90000 is correct. It's disappointing Sonic's developers changed the availability webpage to have a different look while removing the question mark link to taxes in the old version.
We're sorry about this, this was an oversight that slipped through our design process and was not intentionally removed. They've been added back now.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by sonic guest » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:24 pm
kgc wrote:
Guest wrote:No, sn90000 is correct. It's disappointing Sonic's developers changed the availability webpage to have a different look while removing the question mark link to taxes in the old version.
We're sorry about this, this was an oversight that slipped through our design process and was not intentionally removed. They've been added back now.
Thanks for acknowledging this oversight. I tried it several times yesterday and again just now but there is still no link on the webpage even after I added an item to cart. Just wanted to let you know.
by kgc » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:53 am
sonic guest wrote:Thanks for acknowledging this oversight. I tried it several times yesterday and again just now but there is still no link on the webpage even after I added an item to cart. Just wanted to let you know.
I'm showing a "?" next to the total price in the cart now, perhaps there is a caching issue. This links to a brief explanation of the price which in turn links to the full disclosure page which includes a searchable list of the estimated taxes.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by sonic guest » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:50 am
kgc wrote:I'm showing a "?" next to the total price in the cart now, perhaps there is a caching issue. This links to a brief explanation of the price which in turn links to the full disclosure page which includes a searchable list of the estimated taxes.
I don't see it even if I use another browser (Chrome) that I don't normally use. https://i.imgur.com/fe2g2lY.png
by amayfield » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:06 pm
After you add whichever service you wish to order to the cart you then must click "Continue". Your browser will then navigate to the sign up page where you will find the "?" to the right of Today's Total under Order Summary. Click on the "?" and then click on Details to navigate to the taxes and fees breakdown page.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by sonic guest » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:43 am
amayfield wrote:After you add whichever service you wish to order to the cart you then must click "Continue".
I see it now. Thanks.
11 posts Page 1 of 2