Caller ID Recently Stopped Working

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
by kevinpostlewaite » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:49 pm
Within the last few days caller ID has stopped working: all calls now show as Incoming Call without providing the identifying information that used to be displayed (this includes when I call my home phone from my cell phone which used to display my name and number). Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks!
by GeorgeSand » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:08 pm
What did sonic say when you called tech support? Didn't they have any explanation at all?
by dane » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:29 pm
Working fine for me.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by mike.perlas » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:24 am
You may want to check to see if your phone has a Call History or Call Log that can be cleared. I have ran into instances where a log was full and resulted in the device no longer displaying caller ID information. Clearing this history or log has resolved issues like this.
Mikey P.
Technical Support Supervisor
Sonic
by Rose » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:27 am
It has stopped working for me too. The phone call log is empty too.
by Rose » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:32 pm
Additional info. Daughter called and did *82 to unblock her number yet all I saw was Incoming Call. Sounds like it could be a Sonic problem?
by Rodwilli » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:06 pm
Also lost caller ID recently. "Incoming" is shown. Cleared caller list and rebooted phone system. Still no caller ID. Tried to phone Sonic Tech Support and was put in queue behind *31* callers waiting. Oy! I miss the old Sonic super great tech support.
by adame » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:46 pm
We're reaching out to Kevin to ask for some more details. If anyone having these issues wants to drop me an email at my username at sonic.net, I'd be happy to look into this further. Please include the phone number making the call and the approximate time of the call. With this information, we can see what caller ID information we should have passed to your ATA, which will help tell us where the problem is.

*82 will disable caller ID blocking for your number on outbound calls, but it wouldn't effect inbound calls.

If rebooting the phone and the ATA doesn't help, and you've tried clearing the caller ID log as Mike suggested, we'd definitely want to take a look at some call examples so we can get to the bottom of this! The more recent the better.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by BamBam » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:15 pm
I had this problem a couple of months ago. IIRC, what I did to 'fix' it was to turn off 'send my ID' and 'tell me who is calling' options in the prefs (on the web site), saved them, and logged out. I then logged back into the web site and flipped them again and it all started working.

(Voice -> Phone Number List -> Settings -> Calls )
I changed the settings to :
Provide caller ID for incoming calls OFF
Provide caller name for incoming calls OFF
I clicked on the "Apply" button

THEN I logged out and back in again and I changed the settings back to what they were :
Provide caller ID for incoming calls ON
Provide caller name for incoming calls ON
I clicked on the "Apply" button

Then I logged out and the caller ID started working again.

Now, it could have easily been a coincidence, but it hadn't been working for days, and when I did the above it immediately started working again. (I checked that it didn't work by calling home with my cell, then I was on with techsup for about 10 minutes and I was fiddled with this, finished with techsup and hung up, and I called from my cell again and it worked. Techsup called back about 20 minutes later to confirm, and I told them it was working again and what I did. They SWORE they added this strange quirk to their internal tech sup wiki.

Give it a try and see if it works (again, it could have been pure happenstance.) And come back and tell us if it worked or not. (And when you finally get it fixed, tell us what did the trick.)
by adame » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:15 am
BamBam wrote:
I had this problem a couple of months ago. IIRC, what I did to 'fix' it was to turn off 'send my ID' and 'tell me who is calling' options in the prefs (on the web site), saved them, and logged out. I then logged back into the web site and flipped them again and it all started working.


Thanks for sharing this fix! I can confirm this isn't in our internal wiki today, but this sounds like an excellent item to put in there and talk about during our weekly Support Meeting today. We'll try and confirm this works for other folks as well, and also talk to our network team about addressing the underlying cause.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
17 posts Page 1 of 2

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 487 on Tue May 05, 2020 2:07 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests