Caller ID Recently Stopped Working

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
by heyetec » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:23 pm
We're new to Sonic FTTN. Caller-ID never worked until I tried Bam Bam's fix. Had to do it twice but it DID WORK!
Way to go Bam Bam!
by BamBam » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:58 pm
adame wrote:
BamBam wrote:I had this problem a couple of months ago. IIRC, what I did to 'fix' it was to turn off 'send my ID' and 'tell me who is calling' options in the prefs (on the web site), saved them, and logged out. I then logged back into the web site and flipped them again and it all started working.
Thanks for sharing this fix! I can confirm this isn't in our internal wiki today, but this sounds like an excellent item to put in there and talk about during our weekly Support Meeting today. We'll try and confirm this works for other folks as well, and also talk to our network team about addressing the underlying cause.
Yeah, it's quite possible that the page script(s) need to be updated, or the interface to the backend (?php?). This sounds like it *could* be a classical 'oops the option is really on/off, but the interface doesn't doesn't show it' case.
by pcberry@sonic.net » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:55 pm
BamBam wrote:I had this problem a couple of months ago. IIRC, what I did to 'fix' it was to turn off 'send my ID' and 'tell me who is calling' options in the prefs (on the web site), saved them, and logged out. I then logged back into the web site and flipped them again and it all started working.

(Voice -> Phone Number List -> Settings -> Calls )
I changed the settings to :
Provide caller ID for incoming calls OFF
Provide caller name for incoming calls OFF
I clicked on the "Apply" button

THEN I logged out and back in again and I changed the settings back to what they were :
Provide caller ID for incoming calls ON
Provide caller name for incoming calls ON
I clicked on the "Apply" button

Then I logged out and the caller ID started working again.

Now, it could have easily been a coincidence, but it hadn't been working for days, and when I did the above it immediately started working again. (I checked that it didn't work by calling home with my cell, then I was on with techsup for about 10 minutes and I was fiddled with this, finished with techsup and hung up, and I called from my cell again and it worked. Techsup called back about 20 minutes later to confirm, and I told them it was working again and what I did. They SWORE they added this strange quirk to their internal tech sup wiki.

Give it a try and see if it works (again, it could have been pure happenstance.) And come back and tell us if it worked or not. (And when you finally get it fixed, tell us what did the trick.)
by hilarysonic » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:29 pm
I'm having the same problem - caller ID was working, but stopped suddenly. I tried adjusting the settings off and on again as the user recommended, but it didn't do me any good. What should I try next? Someone mentioned cycling the phone box, but I'm not sure how to do that....
by mrdanzhang » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:37 pm
Same problem for me.
Toggling settings in member tools did not help.

Any other suggestions?
by jsandkt » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:08 pm
Caller ID stopped working for us; I sent an email to support and got no answer. Tried Bam-Bam's fix with no luck. Any other suggestions?
by virtualmike » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:55 pm
Do you have an ATA device into which teh phone is plugged? If so, try power cycling it.
by thomaszli » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:51 am
[img][b][b][/b][/b][/img]:)

Attachments

18 posts Page 2 of 2