feature request: text alert for voicemail

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by fsquared » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:04 pm
Dane et al,

I'd love a way to have my Fusion FTTN line text my cell phone when I have voicemail waiting. Where can I put in a request for that?

(If anyone else is looking for a workaround until Sonic can implement this: set your Fusion account to forward voicemail messages to a Gmail address, then create an IFTTT recipe that sends you an SMS when you get email at your Gmail address from "non-mail-user@voicemail.sonic.net". It's not always reliable and there's often a delay, but it works most of the time.)
by cdrayson » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:41 pm
That used to be possible, but seems to have disappeared with the VM change over. I'd love to have it back.
by nstjohn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:58 am
This is a basic feature and I was surprise when I "upgraded" to FTTN that I lost this feature. I'm going to take a whack I writing an email filter in my email client (which runs 24/7) to text me.
by miken » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:31 am
fsquared wrote:(If anyone else is looking for a workaround until Sonic can implement this: set your Fusion account to forward voicemail messages to a Gmail address, then create an IFTTT recipe that sends you an SMS when you get email at your Gmail address from "non-mail-user@voicemail.sonic.net". It's not always reliable and there's often a delay, but it works most of the time.)
A more direct workaround that doesn't require Gmail would be to e-mail your phone number directly. You can find how to do that based on your carrier here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/email-to-sms/

For example, if you had a phone number of 123-456-7890 and your carrier was Verizon, you can just set e-mail notifications to send to 1234567890@vtext.com. Hope this helps!
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by nstjohn » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:37 am
A more direct workaround that doesn't require Gmail would be to e-mail your phone number directly.
Will this forward the whole audio file via MMS?

Thanks.
by miken » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:48 am
nstjohn wrote:Will this forward the whole audio file via MMS?
No - just a notification of the voicemail with the phone number that called you. You can access your voicemail from your cell afterwards by calling your FTTN number and hitting * when the voicemail recording starts to play.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by cdrayson » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:22 pm
That's very helpful, thanks!
7 posts Page 1 of 1