FTTN; Voice quality, settings help.

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
16 posts Page 2 of 2
by Guest » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:09 pm
Well we wound up with a new modem. Our old one would lose speed over a week or two. Phone voice quality is still up in the air. Sounds OK calling from a cell from a different room we have to see how it sounds talking to friends.
Now I have to learn how to set my gateway for guest internet access. Any tutorials here on Sonic. I never knew what a gateway was until the AT&T guy, Joe, showed me.

Thanks for following the adventures of an old guy, Bill
by Guest » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:08 pm
What's the model of your new gateway? Normally "guest" access implies guest WiFi. Depending on model there should be a section in Settings > LAN > Wi-Fi and you can set up guest network.
by billb@sonic.net » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:17 pm
The model of the modem is 5268ACFXN
WiFi network name is ATT5e7CcM2
I'm going to be calling a neighbor to help set it up but it has it's own guest setup section so I can have all the nieces and nephews use that when they drop in.
by billb@sonic.net » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:12 am
I was able to set up a guest network. Not hard to do once I found the correct place to make the changes.

AS far as the voice quality issues it looks like the new modem solved those. We ask everyone who calls how the quality is and so far they all reply it is good. We also got new wire from the wall jack to the modem and from the modem to the ATA device.

I should mention with the old modem our speeds would deteriorate over a week or two time period probably a sign of a dying modem. I keep an eye out for loss of speeds with this one.

Bill
by billb@sonic.net » Sat May 28, 2016 5:28 pm
It's been awhile and everything is working as well as can be expected. I don't have to reset my modem every week any more. Although my speeds aren't the fastest they are reliable. That's all I wanted. It's a phone , and internet, it should just work.
by billb@sonic.net » Fri May 11, 2018 2:41 pm
Well after it worked for a while then it didn't. Got new phones, searched all over these boards for help and finally applied the KISS method. I went through everything and while I was looking at my cables I noticed that one of the cables ends looked like it was coming apart. replaced the cable and again everything works fine.
16 posts Page 2 of 2