Phone numbers listed with directory assistance? If so...

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by reward » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:10 pm
I've recently switched to Sonic voice. Is my Sonic number listed in the directory assistance databases? If so, how do I change the way it appears? I don't see any options for doing that.

If my number is listed, I wouldn't want my real name and address to be available.

For years, Pacific Telephone/Pacific Bell directories listed me under a certain fictional name. Obviously, the only ones who'd call and ask for that person were telemarketers. :?

Yeah, I know I could have had an unlisted number, but it always bugged me that they charged you $1.25 a month for not printing something.
by dane » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:21 pm
When you switch a telephone number from another carrier to Sonic.net's Fusion service, listing services remain "as-is". So, if you were listed, you'll stay listed, and if you're unlisted, you'll remain unlisted. There's no fee involved with this from us.

If you obtain a new number assignment from us, it will be unlisted - again, there is no fee for this.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by marknjen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:08 pm
what if I want to be listed?
by dane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:21 pm
marknjen wrote:what if I want to be listed?
We do not offer While Pages listing for residential Fusion customers.

Business customers can request listing addition to the white pages by emailing support@sonic.net.

Note that these comments apply to newly assigned Fusion numbers - not numbers which you port over from another carrier. If you switch from another carrier, we do not modify the directory listing status, so if you were listed you will remain listed, and if you were not, you will not be.

Finally, Yellow Pages is a separate entity, where you purchase listing in one or more industry specific heading. To purchase YP listings, see: http://adsolutions.att.com/print-solutions

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Dan Callaway » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm
If you port in an AT&T telephone number AFTER the Fusion line is installed (as opposed to a hot cut), is the ported in number still listed in the white pages (assuming it was listed before) ?
by dane » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:42 pm
Dan Callaway wrote:If you port in an AT&T telephone number AFTER the Fusion line is installed (as opposed to a hot cut), is the ported in number still listed in the white pages (assuming it was listed before) ?
Yes, listings remain unchanged for numbers ported in, whether it's done in coordination with service delivery (a "hot cut"), or afterward.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1