Feature request: Block specific phone numbers manually

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:59 am
Hi, I'd like to request a feature that other phone providers already have: the ability to block phone numbers manually.

Right now Sonic only offers an automated spam blocking list. it's a decent list, and is mostly effective, but there are certain situations in which I as a Sonic customer would benefit from the ability to block specific phone numbers that may or may not be related to telemarketing.

Even VOIP providers already offer this feature. If I'm going to be paying for a voice line, I should be allowed to add numbers to block in Member Tools.
by dherr » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:08 pm
As an FYI, Sonic VOIP does have this feature. I am continually surprised that the Sonic POTS lines still don't have this. We FTTN customers were forced over to VOIP but there are some features of it that I really like.
by leeep » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:52 pm
Amen to this request. I am on legacy Sonic ADSL service still.

I have been getting robocalls from our local politician (Mike Honda) whom I don't even support. Apparently political purposes are exempt from the National Do Not Call database, so I'd like to block his office number manually, but am unable to do so.

Feedback on a way to deal with situations like this would be welcome. Thanks.
---
...on Sonic.net since 2011...
by merojo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:30 pm
+1 on this, the request has been around for 4 years.
by Guest » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:03 am
Learning here that it's available on FTTN/VOIP still won't entice me off POTS. But yes, they've been "working on it" for quite awhile now. So perhaps it is, and will remain, only a VOIP thing, and by intent.
by Guest » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:35 pm
406-272-1989 "411 info" robocall
by Guest » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:40 pm
Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread.
by billyfoundation » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:07 am
I would *love* my POTS Sonic phone line to have this feature!
by tetek » Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 am
I agree! I just received a "Robo call" asking if I wanted to extend my warranty. I thought I could block future calls from
these idiots by logging into "Member tools" and was surprised to find out there was no way?
Please add this feature. :-(
9 posts Page 1 of 1