XO isn't accepting my port request

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
by dloeb » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:12 am
Been at this for 5days now trying to port my fusion landline to another carrier. XO isn't accepting the name and address on my Sonic bill. Tried 4 attempts with XO, all rejected stating mismatched Name/Address. Last attempt I even tried putting Dane's name and Sonic's Santa Rosa address per the advice of Sonic customer care. No luck still rejected. Can't understand why someone from Sonic can't contact XO and get the proper name/address they are looking for so I can finish this port. Had a very good experience with Sonic up until now. please help
by cdkeen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:27 am
If you can contact the carrier you are moving to and get the Purchase Order Number (PON) that they received (from XO) when they initiated your request then Sonic support can contact XO and help resolve this problem for you. XO states that they must have the PON to begin assisting however.
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
by dloeb » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 am
thanks for the reply. sent you a PM with the PON.
by kevinmcm » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:03 pm
I have this problem porting my Fusion number to T-Mobile. Sonic Support has given different answers on what needs to be done and so far they aren't correct. I'm trying to call Sonic Support again but there's no answer. I'd like to point out that this behavior violates FCC regulations. Sonic is not fit to offer phone service if they can not comply with porting requests.
by Gary Nagaoka » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:02 pm
I am having the same issue porting my Fusion number over to T-Mobile. T-Mobile says it is an address mismatch. I've resubmitted trying different addresses (Sonic's Santa Rosa and San Fernando addresses as well as my own) to no avail. Can someone please help me?
by kevinmcm » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:54 pm
I spent hours on hold calling Sonic support only to get more wrong guesses each time. Filing a number porting complaint with the FCC fixed it very easily for me but Sonic wasn't too happy about it.
by Gary Nagaoka » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:14 pm
Thanks for the tip Kevin. Hopefully, you greased the wheels with your FCC complaint but i'll keep that idea in my back pocket in case I need it.
by Guest » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:45 am
I recently ported out my number from Sonic as well and it wasn't pretty.

If you still have problems porting out because XO is rejecting name/address mismatch, have Sonic send RFI (Request for Information) to XO to get the exact information XO has on your number.

Regardless of what sonic supports say, Sonic's porting team can do this and this is what was done for me.
by kevinmcm » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:55 pm
FCC requires Sonic to process the request in one day. I can't believe they're still screwing around after I filed a complaint and I received so many apologies that the process was going to be fixed.
https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/ke ... -providers
by wa2ibm » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:31 pm
I recently ported two numbers out of Sonic bonded service, there wasn't any problem, the numbers ported out quickly and Sonic replaced the numbers with new numbers.

Bill
19 posts Page 1 of 2