XO isn't accepting my port request

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
by Guest » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:19 pm
kevinmcm wrote:FCC requires Sonic to process the request in one day. I can't believe they're still screwing around after I filed a complaint and I received so many apologies that the process was going to be fixed.
https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/ke ... -providers
Yup, nothing has really changed. Sonic really needs to setup a strict guideline for supports to follow. None of them really knew what to do on port out requests.

wa2ibm wrote:I recently ported two numbers out of Sonic bonded service, there wasn't any problem, the numbers ported out quickly and Sonic replaced the numbers with new numbers.

Bill
It's possible that your numbers were directly with Sonic, instead of Sonic reselling through XO. It's Sonic and XO that really creates huge headache.
by jackhahn » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:47 pm
Is there any way we would know whether it's XO or Sonic? I started a port-out request a week ago and I haven't heard anything yet. Should I worry? Any pointers on making this go smoothly? - Jack
by jackhahn » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:58 pm
Just a follow up. As far as I can tell the delay for me was not on sonic.net's side and once sonic.net got the request everything went quickly and smoothly.
by adame » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:08 am
jackhahn wrote:Just a follow up. As far as I can tell the delay for me was not on sonic.net's side and once sonic.net got the request everything went quickly and smoothly.
We apologize that this has been such a problem for you for so long. We are in the process of moving ownership of many of our customers' phone numbers to Sonic from XO. This will allow us to handle future port-out requests such as your own in house, preventing problems like what you experienced.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by jackhahn » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:10 am
That's probably a good idea as the port out will be the last experience that people have with you. That said, I've been with you a very long time and my experience with sonic.net's customer service has always been excellent. I will certainly be recommending you to other folks (and will perhaps be your customer again someday should monkeybrains have problems - or should you buy them posting.php?mode=reply&f=14&t=2765#)

Thanks for all the good service.

Jack
by tjew » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:29 am
I am also having problems porting a number. Given all the responses on this forum,
I hope I have better luck this time. I am prepared to file an FCC complaint since that seems to be
the only sure way to get it done.
by adame » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:16 pm
tjew wrote:I am also having problems porting a number. Given all the responses on this forum,
I hope I have better luck this time. I am prepared to file an FCC complaint since that seems to be
the only sure way to get it done.
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues as well. I believe the easiest solution here would be to port the number to Sonic first, so we can monitor the port out process by the winning carrier and ensure the request is submitted correctly. I'll have one of our experts in this field reach out to you tomorrow via the contact information on your Sonic account.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by pstrasma » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:43 pm
Currently having this issue trying to port out my number. Cross-posting progress on a newer thread.
by LWNtwilight » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:52 pm
I get everyone's frustration... i'm about to tear my hair out after talking to a dozen sonic reps and 2 managers with no luck at all! It was 5 LONG weeks ago that I asked to become a Sonic customer. I was promised a seamless transition and am without my number still! Sounds like I might need to contact the FCC to make any progress. Thanks for the advice.
19 posts Page 2 of 2