What is Enable Accession?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
40 posts Page 1 of 4
by Guest » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:56 pm
What does "Enable Accession" in Voice member settings do?
by kgc » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:30 am
Accession enables a telephone number on our Metaswitch platform (currently Fusion FTTN and select Enterprise services) to use the Accession Communicator. This includes desktop and mobile client support to send and receive calls using your Sonic number, listen to voicemail, change your preferences and so on. Once you've enabled it on your account change the password on the numbers' preferences under Settings -> Account and you should be able to install Accession Communicator from the appropriate app store.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by goetsch » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:55 pm
In the Comm Portal (Member Tools > Voice > Phone Number List > Settings > Security ) there are three password/password equivalent fields: Account Password, Call Services PIN, and Voicemail PIN. I assume Accession is not asking about the Voicemail PIN, so that leaves the other two. Which of those is it looking for? I can enter a new Call Services PIN without having to know what came before, but the Account Password requires that I enter the existing password as well as the new one. What is the password here? It doesn't seem to be my current Sonic account password, but it also doesn't seem to care for entering the phone number there or just leaving the field blank either.
by goetsch » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:03 am
Password? Password?
by timjackson » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:23 am
It is the Account Password field. They are set to a random string on creation, and to enable accession you'll need to change this to something.

The Accession application can be found on the iOS/Android App Stores (or there is a desktop app that can be downloaded via Apps in Commportal). Once you install them and run them the first time, you'll see it prompt you for a Service Provider, look for Sonic.net in there, and then enter in your username+the password that you changed this to.

This app should continue to function, but soon this will be rebranded to a stand alone app (and the new logo, etc)..
by goetsch » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:28 am
Where do I find the "random string" so that I can enter is as "old password" before I create a new password? Can't leave the field blank, and if I enter any arbitrary characters, it returns "The old password was invalid."
by timjackson » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:31 am
Well let me see.. I think we tested this with the provider login of Commportal and not the user login, so it never prompted us for a password. Give me 10-20 minutes to find/fix this.
by goetsch » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:40 am
timjackson wrote:Give me 10-20 minutes to find/fix this.
Works like a charm once you taught me the secret handshake!
by timjackson » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:56 am
I'm working on getting this resolved for everyone, but this seems to be a little more in depth than originally though. If anyone else runs into this, and cannot change their password, please open a ticket and we can change the password for you.
by Guest » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:58 pm
goetsch wrote:Works like a charm once you taught me the secret handshake!
Is it "dak dak a ack, ack ack a dak?"
40 posts Page 1 of 4