What is Enable Accession?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
40 posts Page 4 of 4
by gstanz67 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:04 pm
timjackson wrote:I'm working on getting this resolved for everyone, but this seems to be a little more in depth than originally though. If anyone else runs into this, and cannot change their password, please open a ticket and we can change the password for you.
I'am having this problem as well. Can you tell me the secret handshake?
by mediahound » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:59 am
I cannot log in to the Accession app no matter what I try. I'm entering in my Sonic phone number and password like it's asking but it keeps saying 'invalid login'.
by miken » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:10 am
mediahound wrote:I cannot log in to the Accession app no matter what I try. I'm entering in my Sonic phone number and password like it's asking but it keeps saying 'invalid login'.
The password for Accession and the password for your Sonic account are two separate passwords. You can give our technical support a call and we can get you the password for Accession.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by mediahound » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:11 pm
miken wrote:
mediahound wrote:I cannot log in to the Accession app no matter what I try. I'm entering in my Sonic phone number and password like it's asking but it keeps saying 'invalid login'.
The password for Accession and the password for your Sonic account are two separate passwords. You can give our technical support a call and we can get you the password for Accession.
I did. They told me they have to check with Networking and it can take a day?
by mediahound » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:54 pm
Over 24 hours and I still have no password from Support.. I find it difficult to believe it takes this long to look up and provide a password.
by miken » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:14 pm
Can you send me a PM with a good phone number to give you a call at? I can get that password for you.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by mediahound » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:05 pm
Got my password, thanks.

Does the Accession app work on the iPhone from any wifi network to make calls? I want to use it on an upcoming international trip.
by kieran@sonic.net » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:22 pm
Can one use the mobile and/or desktop apps for this Accenssion thingy to send/receive SMS or MMS text messages?
It sounds kind of like Google Voice and/or Google Hangouts...
by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:58 pm
kieran@sonic.net wrote:Can one use the mobile and/or desktop apps for this Accenssion thingy to send/receive SMS or MMS text messages?
It sounds kind of like Google Voice and/or Google Hangouts...
I don't think the app allows SMS/text messages.
by btpark » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:42 pm
It seems like the Accession app is now called "Sonic Mobile Communicator", but this wiki page https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Sonic_Mobile_Communicator does not explain that. I discovered this by accident when I installed the SMC app and upon trying to log in, I got an error message like "You are not have permission to use this app". When I enabled the checkbox next to "Enable Accession" in the "Comm Portal" settings page, I was able to log into the app.

It might be helpful to change wording of the web page from "Enabled Accession" to something like "Enable Sonic Mobile Communicator (Accession)". And update the wiki page above as well.

Secondly, the app has 2 options in the left nav bar: "Chat" and "Messages". I expected one of these to be SMS messages, but they unfortunately, they are not. "Chat" seems to be an IM messaging client, and "Messages" seems to be voice mails. Any plans to support SMS messages? Because that would make the Sonic telephone number (that I cannot remove from my bundle) really become useful.
40 posts Page 4 of 4