Call forwarding/simultaneous ring

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Jeanne » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:58 pm
I've read the various threads about call forwarding/Google voice, etc. The problem for me is that Google voice won't forward 2 different GV numbers to the same cell phone--and I have 2, one for work-related and one personal. If I could have the Sonic number ring my cell simulatneously, that would solve the problem. Is that coming? Other suggestions?
Thanks,
Jeanne
by dane » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 pm
It's planned as part of the product roadmap, but not a near-term item.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Jeanne » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:06 pm
Darn--I had hoped from comments in some of the earlier threads that it would be soon. Thanks for the prompt response!
by virtualmike » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:41 pm
Jeanne wrote:...Google voice won't forward 2 different GV numbers to the same cell phone
Can you deal with telling Google that both numbers are "home" numbers? G will allow two different GV numbers to forward to the same home number--that's why my spouse and I do.

The main thing you lose by telling G that both are home numbers is you can't have GV forward texts to the phone. However, if you install the GV app, or the Hangouts app, then you can receive AND SEND texts using the GV numbers.
by rogeryates » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:45 pm
I see information on call forward in 2015. Is it working yet? I get the message that a number to forward to must be specified, even though the number has been specified.
5 posts Page 1 of 1