International Calls Blocked?!

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by rarelaw2 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:06 am
I went to place my first international call on Fusion this morning, to be told that international calls were blocked and to call 611 for Sonic.net support. This was a big surprise! I was informed by tech support after a ten or so minute wait that the default on Fusion was to block international calls until you called Sonic.net and got those calls unblocked. So now I am able to make those calls, but it escapes me why the default at Fusion/Sonic.net is to block international calls until the user calls up to get them unblocked. In my case, this delay meant I did not get through in a timely manner to the business I was calling, with a consequent two to three day delay over a holiday weekend.
by dane » Sat May 28, 2011 2:44 pm
We do this because Fusion is otherwise flat rate - international dialing is the only major item that could result in substantial charges to your bill. So, we want to assure it's authorized.

In future, we'll add this to our Member Tools page, so customers can edit this setting self-service!

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rarelaw2 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:51 pm
Dane, Thanks for your explanation and your flexibility in being willing to allow the new subscriber to unblock via Member Tools. Might I also suggest that somewhere in the literature you distribute to new Fusion subscribers (like me) you say that as a precaution international calls are initially blocked and that this can be changed by the newbie by going to his member tools. Had I known that, I would have gone in and made the change before attempting my international call. Joe Luttrell (rarelaw2)
by virtualmike2 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:16 pm
rarelaw2 wrote:Might I also suggest that somewhere in the literature you distribute to new Fusion subscribers (like me) you say that as a precaution international calls are initially blocked and that this can be changed by the newbie by going to his member tools.
In the Fusion Voice FAQ, toward the bottom:
Other Features

By default, a residential Sonic.net phone line has international calling disabled. A call to customer service (just dial '0') can get this enabled. We can also turn this back off for you if you would like.
by scramboleer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:55 am
To be specific, the authorization is found under member services/voice/your phone number...
by virtualmike » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 pm
scramboleer wrote:To be specific, the authorization is found under member services/voice/your phone number...
I think that ability was added after the message to which you replied was posted. :mrgreen:
6 posts Page 1 of 1