Voicemail retreval on iPad

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
by dseacm » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 pm
No adobe apps on iPad. Any way to listen to my voicemail on my iPad?
by kgc » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:09 pm
dseacm wrote:No adobe apps on iPad. Any way to listen to my voicemail on my iPad?
Setup the iPad to access your sonic.net email via IMAP, your voicemail will be sitting the Voicemail folder. You should be able to read the email and listen to the attached wav file.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by douge » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:35 am
IMAP? what is that. I currently have my email set up on my iPad and am receiving my sonic email just fine. But I am nagged by windows that come up when trying to listen to the message using the device that appears when I go to retreive my voicemail. Two of them appear saying I must have Flash Player installed and another Adobe app.
by kgc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:04 am
douge wrote:IMAP? what is that.
The short answer to that question is that there are basically two ways for you to retrieve your mail from us. POP3 or IMAP. When using IMAP, your mail is stored on our servers. This is generally desirable for most users since it allows you to have several clients (even connected at once) all in sync that all show you the same email and folders so it doesn't matter if you read your mail on your iPad on the couch, your Droid on the bus or your Windows 7 PC at work.

Our voicemail services are integrated with our IMAP servers (the voicemail servers are actually IMAP clients) and your voicemail messages are accessible in the Voicemail folder.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by wa2ibm » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:37 pm
douge wrote:IMAP? what is that.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_M ... s_Protocol
by augie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:03 pm
This might help:

https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Voice_Mail# ... essages.3F

In your email. If you are using IMAP (or webmail), you can subscribe to the 'Voicemail' folder with your mail client. Your voicemail messages will show up automatically in your email client. If you prefer voicemails in your normal inbox, you can change the delivery folder in the member tools.
by Karimashburn » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:02 pm
kgc wrote:
dseacm wrote:No adobe apps on iPad. Any way to listen to my voicemail on my iPad?
Setup the iPad to access your sonic.net email via IMAP, your voicemail will be sitting the Voicemail folder. You should be able to read the email and listen to the attached wav file.
by cindylm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:34 pm
I have Sonic mail set up as A POP account. The messages arrive in my inbox, I click on the voicemail icon, and the message plays via Quicktime. I've never had any Adobe (or other) messages pop up. (Using iOS 5.5.1 on a 1st-gen iPad)

This voicemail-by-email feature is one of my favorite features of Sonic Fusion!

Cindy
by dane » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:49 pm
Cindy,

I would suggest you consider switching to IMAP. This lets you keep all your devices in sync on the mailbox.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:50 pm
Dane Jasper
Sonic
11 posts Page 1 of 2