Spam call blocking now includes Nomorobo

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
29 posts Page 1 of 3
by dane » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:59 am
Our own spam call blocking, powered by statistical analysis of high-volume inward callers to our own customers and customer reports has blocked thousands of spam calls to Sonic Fusion customers since we launched the feature.

But now our spam call blocking is even better. We have partnered with Nomorobo, integrating their FTC award-winning robocall block-list in order to make our spam call blocking feature even more effective. We expect this new integration will result in a doubling in the number of spam calls we catch, before they even ring. For a brief overview of Nomorobo, see the video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RywvAtwAqIo (Note: There's no need to sign up on Nomorobo's site, because it's already integrated into your Sonic service. Also, because it's fully integrated, your phone won't even ring once or twice, as it would with the usual simultaneous ring method they use.)

Customers can turn on and off spam call blocking in the Member Tools, in the voice settings area here:
https://members.sonic.net/voice/settings/

One important note as we head into election season: political robocallers will be blocked too! If you prefer to receive these calls, turn off spam call blocking in the voice settings linked above.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by wa2ibm » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:32 pm
Yeh!!!!!!
by virtualmike » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:27 am
Woo-hoo!

I especially appreciate this, because I just learned that my contact data was included in the breach at Chase and I was worried that I would end up needing to change my home number.

Will there be a new way to report the occasional call that slips through?
by thulsa_doom » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:31 am
political robocallers will be blocked too
Best feature.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by gfanucci » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:45 pm
Dane,

Can you see if there is any way to block ALL invalid numbers?

Such as, courtesy of http://whocalld.com/

65055561890 Invalid Number

+49650555xxxxx Germany
+43650555xxxxx Austria
+358650555xxxxx Finland

We still get a lot of xxx-555-xxxx and xxx-555-xxxxx calls, probably SPOOFED caller id from illegal telemarketers?

Often the first three digits are a local or nearby area code.
by Guest » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:57 am
Great additional service. Ditto prior poster about blocking the ***555**** numbers.
by garuda » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:06 am
Thanks for Nomorobo Dane. We get less Spam calls now.

For those that do get through, I assume that we add them to the "Spam numbers to block" topic as before.

Is this how we are to do it?

Thanks
by kgc » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:38 am
garuda wrote: Is this how we are to do it?
Yep, we continue to monitor these threads for suggestions of numbers to add.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by webmarin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:47 pm
I thought my phone went suspiciously quiet recently. Well done! I have no idea why people in Sonic.Net areas do't switch...
by Sebastopol gal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:21 pm
WahHOO! I also noticed that my phones have been quiet. The same idiots calling me over and over again! Last spam call I got was about 5 days ago. I thought maybe I wore them out as I would not answer the phone at all unless I recognized the number. I tell you, one telemarketer lost it on the phone and said words I cannot repeat. That's how I beat them at their game. On another note, I did get a call saying police would be sent to my home unless I paid them ( them being the IRS). And finally, no more political calls. THANK YOU! I'm sick of hearing their schick too, considering my number has been unlisted for over 40 years. One wonders how any of these folks get my number or feel they have the right to use it.
29 posts Page 1 of 3