"Block Outbound Caller ID" got toggled off?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by virtualmike » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:30 pm
My line was configured with "Block Outbound Caller ID." However, I just made a phone call, and the person asked, "is your number xxx-xxx-xxxx?"

I logged into member tools, and sure enough, the check mark on the setting had disappeared.

Is this a side-effect of other activity on my line? Or did a glitch erase it? ...thanks!
by clairet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:58 pm
I haven't heard of that setting being switched off as a side effect or glitch. Does someone else have access to your account? If you have an admin on the account, they can call in and ask us to remove that setting. Or if someone knows your password, they can make that change themselves in member tools. If it gets removed again, try to keep track of what changes you made to your voice line prior to it. If this is a glitch, it's definitely something we want to figure out!
Claire T.
Sonic.net Technical Support
by virtualmike » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:07 pm
Thanks, Claire. No one else has log-in access to the account. My spouse is on the records to be able to call Support, but did not call to have this setting changed (actually, has never called).

My line was undergoing some troubleshooting over the past few weeks for data issues, and was moved to a new port last week. (The data problems seem to be cleared up now, BTW.)
by clairet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:16 pm
Ah, if it was moved to a new port that could be the answer. It's very possible your voice settings got reset during the process. For example, if we disabled and re-enabled your voice line, that may restore the settings to default. I've never tried it though so I can't say for sure.

I'm glad to hear the data issues have been resolved! Sounds like quite the troubleshooting process. :)
Claire T.
Sonic.net Technical Support
by virtualmike » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:08 pm
That's what I kinda wondered. I never thought to go back and check the settings.

It was a long process. However, I can vouch to everyone that the Support team persevered in resolving the situation.
5 posts Page 1 of 1