"Rewind" Voice Mail feature requested

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by ggrosz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:08 pm
Hi there. Still a new-ish Sonic.net customer. And still enthusiastic about the service. That said, there's one very basic feature that I had over on Ye Olde AT&T that I used all the time and that I'm surprised to not have here on Sonic.net.

Simply, I'd love to have one button on my touchtone phone that allows me to *rewind* the voice mail message I'm listening to about 6 seconds or so. So many times it's takes a while to catch exactly what someone is saying, or maybe you need a second (or third) pass to write down that phone # the caller is leaving on your VM. Currently, with Sonic.net, I can only press 1 to rewind all the way back to the very beginning of their message. That gets incredibly frustrating, though, when they leave their # after 15 seconds, or worse, after 90 seconds or more...!!!

This had been such a useful feature to me during my time with that other phone company that I'm honestly quite surprised (and disappointed) to note that it hasn't yet been implemented here at Sonic.net. Please consider adding this great feature to your Voice Mail service. Thank you!

Can I get an Amen? :)
by Guest » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:58 pm
The Fusion iOS app plays the voicemail like an audio file so you can fast forward or rewind by grabbing the progress bar at the bottom. Same thing if you have the voicemail message emailed to you.
by ggrosz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:38 pm
Those are fine solutions... if you're on your computer or using that app. However, that app requires iOS 7, so you can't even install the app on older generation iDevices like I have. Nor does any of that work if you're checking your phone messages on your actual *phone*. You know, like people used to do. Because they're phone messages. :) Thanks, anyway!
by hwilder » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:15 pm
I'm also shocked that there is no rewind feature on the voice mail, it seems so incredibly basic going back to phone machines in the 1980's to the various voice mail services I've had - I'm a new customer and really unhappy with having to go all the way back to the beginning of the message to hear something that was said a few seconds back. It's a huge pain and to me, and may stay here or may try to find a phone service that can offer that. I talked to tech support and they didn't seem very interested in or understanding about it.
by dane » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:32 pm
Today we do not have a skip back/forward option, nor some of the advanced options I've seen in some systems such as slow/fast playback. The only option if you missed an important part of the message is to restart from beginning, by pressing 1.

Our team right now is focused on other product launches, expanding availability of Sonic services, offering faster services, and fiber in particular. Voicemail is not getting development attention at this time, but we have accumulated a list of requested features, and we will add this to that list.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by amyseidman » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:09 pm
It's 7 years later. Can you please add this fast forward feature? It would save a lot of sanity.
6 posts Page 1 of 1