Call Forwarding on Busy

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by neilh » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:18 pm
Hi.... since there are some new features released - request for the next time.

A Call Forwarding on Busy,
and/or option for Call Forwarding on No Answer would be really useful.

Some background for what it might be worth.
I used Call Forwarding while away on vacation over the summer sending it to google voice mail where it was transcribed and sent out in an email. Turned out to be very useful as it was easy to manage in one place and due to public visibility my wife has with the returning University Students she was confident in being able to know that if anybody needed to contact her she would get an email . My wife understood it so it got good marks.
Our land line is really my wifes number and she likes to manage her voice mail on the local answering machine where it is possible to screen and also see immediately if there are messages waiting.
I have voice mail on my business vonage service and I've designated the whole voice mail to emailed through when a message is left so I get immediate notification and access.
The sonic.net implementation of voice mail on the main account (mine) is socially problematic (read un-useable) - it needs to be assignable to one of the sub-accounts as well - in this case my wifes.
Friends have the standard voice mail on their land line and it sometimes takes them days to discover the voice mail - as they using cell phones for their immediate comms.
by kgc » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:22 pm
neilh wrote:Hi.... since there are some new features released - request for the next time.
The sonic.net implementation of voice mail on the main account (mine) is socially problematic (read un-useable) - it needs to be assignable to one of the sub-accounts as well - in this case my wifes.
It is. Just use the membertools - you'll need to remove it first then turn it back on. It will prompt you for the email account that you want the voicemail to be associated with. Once assigned to your wife's account, she will have access to manage all of the settings in the tools.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by neilh » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:21 pm
Well thats good to hear. Is there some instructions on how it is supposed to work

I did get it to send an email with voice mail attached as voicemail.wav - which is fantastic.
However on setting it up, it seemed to imply I could designate one of my other accounts
and I selected my wifes email

however the "Local Email Delivery and Phone Access says

"Specify the email folder for voicemail delivery. Voicemail must be delivered to the default folder (Voicemail) if you would like to use a phone or the member tools to play back messages."

Also now - how do I set up a Fusion Voice Mail greeting.? :)
by tjj » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:45 pm
We have a great Wiki article about all the voicemail options at https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Voice_Mail

It explains all of the features and how to configure them. Hopefully that is what you are looking for.
Tage J.
Sonic.net Customer Support
4 posts Page 1 of 1