Voicemail Screening? Change call forwarding

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by dana » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:06 pm
I really like the Fusion voicemail, but have two questions:

1. Is there any way to listen to a caller that is leaving a message (screening) the way you can with most answering machines?

2. I would like to be able to turn call forwarding on and off, or change the phone number to forward to from my phone, but I don't see a way to do it in the Wiki (which is down BTW) info. Do you have to go to the voicemail webpage to change it?

thx
by kgc » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:12 pm
dana wrote:I really like the Fusion voicemail, but have two questions:

1. Is there any way to listen to a caller that is leaving a message (screening) the way you can with most answering machines?
No, that would be challenging to implement in any scalable way but would be an awesome feature to support.
2. I would like to be able to turn call forwarding on and off, or change the phone number to forward to from
my phone, but I don't see a way to do it in the Wiki (which is down BTW) info. Do you have to go to the voicemail webpage to change it?
No, this is covered on the wiki (we ran into some bugs in openvz that were, uh, unexpected, leading to some issues with the cluster than handles the wiki, corp and forums) https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Category:Fusion_Voice
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by dana » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:39 pm
Thanks!
by virtualmike » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 pm
dana wrote:1. Is there any way to listen to a caller that is leaving a message (screening) the way you can with most answering machines?
If you don't mind giving your correspondents a different number, Google Voice does allow screening.

If you configure it properly, then when someone calls you and you answer, it will announce who's calling (or "Unknown"). You can press 1 to take the call, or 2 to send to voice mail. If you do the latter, you can stay on the line and screen the call.
by dana » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:02 am
Thank you for the idea - I actually have a Google Voice number, but didn't know the screening trick - nice.
by virtualmike » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:15 pm
dana wrote:I actually have a Google Voice number...
No one knows my home landline number or my cell number--all they know is my GV number. Certain callers are configured to ring right through, and for the rest, I have the option to answer or send to voice mail.

My spouse has one, too. When the landline rings at home, we know who is being called by which cell rings simultaneously. :D
by ankh » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:03 am
Kelsey, can you double check on the availability? I found this poking around the voice phone wiki pages:
Live Screening is also available here - which will allow you to listen to voicemails as they are left and let you take the call mid-voicemail if you would like.
Commportal – Sonic
https://help.sonic.com/hc/en-us/article ... Commportal

Sep 24, 2018 - ... Live Screening is also available here - which will allow you to listen to ...
It's a checkbox on the comm portal "messages" page.
by ankh » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:41 am
But, I can't find a description for making it work.

Does the home phone base station [ATnT hardware] speaker activate so we can hear the caller, once the ring rolls over to Sonic's voicemail?
by ankh » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:53 pm
Bump:

Sep 24, 2018 - ... Live Screening is also available here
...It's a checkbox on the comm portal "messages" page.
========
by ankh » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:41 am
But, I can't find a description for making it work.
by ankh » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:44 am
Bumping this again -- this thing needs to be documented:

Kelsey, can you double check on the availability? I found this poking around the voice phone wiki pages:

" Live Screening is also available here - which will allow you to listen to voicemails as they are left and let you take the call mid-voicemail if you would like."

Commportal – Sonic
https://help.sonic.com/hc/en-us/article ... Commportal

Sep 24, 2018 - ... Live Screening is also available here - which will allow you to listen to ...

It's a checkbox on the comm portal "messages" page.

I just picked up a call and heard the words "SCREENED CALL" then the caller leaving a message; I was unable to find the right button to let me talk to the person who was on the line.

I've never before heard "SCREENED CALL" when picking up the phone but then we rarely answer the phone these days, it's so rarely anything other than a robocaller.
10 posts Page 1 of 1