Sonic Mobile Communicator and eSim data only connection

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by amarit » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:18 am
I want to use SMC to make and receive calls on my Pixel 6a (Android 12) using my Sonic VOIP number during an upcoming international trip. I am testing it and it works when I am connected to WiFi, but not when using my Flexiroam international data only Esim. I have good internet connection, but SMC returns an error when I try to call:

"Cannot make call: A WiFi connection is required for calls."

In case it is relevant, I'm currently home in Los Angeles and connected to AT&T LTE.
by espier » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:00 pm
I was curious about this, so I installed Sonic Mobile Communicator (I don't use it myself) on my iPhone.

In Calling Options settings (on iOS I tapped the "profile" icon in the top right of the screen, then tapped "Calling Options"), I noticed a toggle for "Make Call on Wi-Fi Only". See attached screenshot.

Android may be completely different, but you might check to see if a similar setting exists.

Attachments

by amarit » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:05 am
Thanks, Espier. I found that setting on the Android version and deselecting that did the trick!. Simple as that.
by espier » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:09 am
Woohoo! Glad that helped. Safe travels!
4 posts Page 1 of 1