Stir/Shaken Stirred and Shaken - Robocalls

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by digitalbitstream » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:54 pm
Stir/Shaken is the FCC's new mandate that calls be traceable through the phone system, and it was supposed to present a barrier to robo and scam callers....

=================

'The bad guys aren't just sitting still': Robocall scammers getting more sophisticated
https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news ... isticated/
"The problem is the bad guys aren't just sitting still. Instead of making up phone numbers, they're getting real phone numbers. And now their real phone numbers are authenticated, they look like they're good and they get through," says YouMail CEO Alex Quilici who believes technology like Stir-Shaken isn't enough to crack down on spam calls.
by virtualmike » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:48 pm
Yeah, I'm getting fewer of the amateurish spam/scam calls, but I'm still getting as many auto warranty renewals as before.
by digitalbitstream » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:09 am
Dear Sonic:

Why can't I dial *SOMETHING after a spam call, to report it, on Sonic?

On Android I can report & block phone numbers.
On Android I can report AND/OR block text numbers.

Reporting numbers has some potential value, blocking them is useless because the cost of getting a phone number even under STIR/SHAKEN is so low. I don't see repeated calls from the same number, and I risk blocking someone legit.
3 posts Page 1 of 1