Mobile Communicator: Pressing keys has no effect during incoming phone calls

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by rhstanton » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:12 am
I can place and receive calls fine using Mobile Communicator on my iPhone. And as far as I can tell, if I press keys during a call I’ve placed myself, e.g., when I’m connected to my work voicemail, everything works fine.

However, pressing keys doesn't seem to have any effect when I've answered an incoming call. This arose yesterday when I was trying to log in to my bank’s Web site and it didn’t recognize my computer. I asked it to call back with a code number on my Sonic phone number. The phone rang and I answered on Mobile Communicator. At this point, I was told to press pound to listen to the code, but when I pressed the pound key (several times), even though I could hear a beep and see the pound sign appearing on the iPhone screen to tell me I'd pressed it, there was no response from the remote system. Eventually I got it to work by answering the call on my regular phone, not on Mobile Communicator, indicating that the problem is with Mobile Communicator and not with either the remote system or with the Sonic VOIP connection itself.
by ngufra » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:35 pm
I could not find ant option for DTMF in the sonic app settings.

Worse case you can have a separate DTMF tone generator. I used to have one given by a bank about 20 years ago to allow phone banking when the phone had a rotary dial. I could not find one easily on amazon so it may not be so widely available as I expected anymore.
2 posts Page 1 of 1