Fusion Voice Downgrade "Installation Fee"?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by cjstone » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:58 pm
Both my 93-year old father and I have been happy Sonic customers for years. I love my GB-Fiber and he's been happy with his Fusion DSL. However, he's come to a point where he no longer needs Sonic internet, but wants to keep his phone service (and email address). I called Sonic and was told this could be done with a service downgrade that would bring his bill to about $30/month, which sounds great.

However, I was also told of a $150 "installation fee." When I asked what that was, I was told that a technician would need to come and test the lines, etc. However, my father has been using the phone line fine for years, and I don't know why anything would need to be checked. So I find this $150 fee rather exorbitant. Can anyone from Sonic give a better reasoning behind this fee?

Thanks,

--Chris
by ngufra » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:07 pm
See viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6317

To a similar question Dane wrote:
We do offer a copper POTS voice-only line, but yes, it requires a new line and has a costly activation fee. Installation is an additional charge, if required. The service has no margin in the monthly fee, so the full costs of the infrastructure are loaded into the non-recurring fees. Yes, a VoIP solution would be lower-cost.
2 posts Page 1 of 1