Wanted: phone-service opinions

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by tyrodom3 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:46 pm
To my fellow Sonic telephone users,

I'm trying to assemble a user consensus regarding shortcomings in Sonic's telephone services. Rather than begin with my detailed opinions, I'd like to start by seeking your opinions. I hope that over the next few weeks, we can cobble together a fairly complete picture. Please chime in, even if your post is very brief. If you do comment, please state which Sonic voice service you have (if you know): (A) DSL POTS line, (B) VOIP via a Sonic fiber ONT, (C) VOIP via a Sonic-provided ATA (analog telephone adapter) such as a Grandstream HT801, or (D) Sonic enterprise voice.
by dkenglish7 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:31 am
Had: A - POTS/DSL. Pro - was very reliable (until a line card failed in our CO). Stayed up and usable even during most of a PGE PSPS blackout. Worked with my old alarm monitoring panel. Con - required careful filtering to control interference with the DSL. The Sonic app doesn't work with this. Any reported issue on line required a trip to the NID to "prove" that the problem was not my inside wiring.

Have: C - VOIP via Sonic Grandstream ATA. Pro - mostly works. Compatible with Sonic app (which I don't use) Con - doesn't work in power outage, except as backed up by me. Not compatible with alarm monitoring. Well-documented issue where Sonic firmware in Grandstream won't reconnect by itself if the router is rebooted, so occasionally there is no dial tone or incoming calls (surprise - has happened to me once since 4/21). Slightly annoying extra box to clutter my equipment area.
2 posts Page 1 of 1