New cordless Landline - trouble with CID.

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by llopezot » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:05 pm
Hello All - this is my 1st time posting. I hope I'm in the right blog.
plugged in my new Panasonic KX-TGD532, DECT 6.0 Plus (but still have my old AT&T landline connected). Panasonic looks like it's working, but when trying to make a call, I hear dial tone, no ring tone, and sometimes see the message: "Requires subscription to caller ID" pops up.
I've disabled and re-enabled CID per Sonic help (see their reply below), but still no connection when making a call. I see the seconds going by, no answer, from person or machine.
Reply from Sonic:
"Caller ID should be available on all of our services. Try disabling caller ID then re-enabling it. It may be an issue with the device itself in terms of settings or etc."

Has anyone had this problem when connecting a new cordless landline? I did ask Sonic if this would be problematic and they initially replied - "should be no problem, just connect it." or something to that effect.
Thanks All for any advice you might give me.
Linda
by virtualmike » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:00 pm
What type of Sonic service do you have? If standard Fusion, did you plug a filter into the phone jack before plugging in the phone?
by briancw » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:35 am
Hi Linda,

I just tried a wee possible fix for your problem by toggling the CID in the telephone line's configuration off and on. Give it a shot real fast and let us know if the issue persists.
Brian W
Construction Application Processor
Sonic
by llopezot » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:21 pm
Dear All
thanks so much for all your helpful replies.

The problem turn out to be the wall jack. Why wasn't that the first thing I should have check?! That's like: dahhh - did you plug in the phone?

Found another jack in the bedroom - not the ideal spot, but functions. Maybe I can fix the defective wall jack - next project!

Thanks again - excuse my delayed reponse.

Linda
by ngufra » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:30 am
When I read your initial message, I thought your phone was set in pulse mode instead of tones.

You can get a cheap phone outlet tester at home depot for cheap.
You could (should have) check your phone on the socket outside your house or on the ONT. If outside and it's a cordless phone, it may not be practical.

We use a cordless phone system. The base is in basement near ONT, chargers and handsets are sprinkled around the home. (Uniden 2 line cordless phone system)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8
5 posts Page 1 of 1