Feature request: voice messages full

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by abriz » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:23 pm
After three calls, I was able to resolve an issue with reaching my storage limit. I looked at numerous help files on this, so I don't think it's clearly documented.

1. Make the warning triangle which pops up when your message box is full more noticeable.
2. Create a way for the member to download all their messages as a zip file.
3. Make it clear that pressing the "Delete All [messages]" button on the Messages page is not all you have to do. There is a
"Deleted" tab on the same page that has to be clicked on and confirmed before the voice messages are actually removed from
the member's storage. Until that is done, callers still can't leave a voice message. I have never seen this documented and at least one Sonic tech support person apparently didn't know about it, either.

Thanks!
by syntaxsid1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:29 am
Hello,

I'm sorry about the trouble you had with our service and I would like to offer a link that will assist you in other aspects of the phone/voicemail tree to help you find other options that you may need as well. You can also view all voicemail messages on your computer. Also I can see you have the setting to "forward messages as emails" this will essentially keep your voicemail as a file on your email. You can then uncheck the box that says "leave original in inbox" so when the voicemail is forwarded to your email, the original message is then deleted from the main voicemail inbox going forward. I can see that it's currently checked now so I wanted to offer that option for you. I hope this information helps.

More help on Voicemail/Phone service: https://help.sonic.com/hc/en-us/article ... -Voicemail

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by abriz » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:38 am
Thanks, Jeff. Our account is set up to save messages on purpose.

I looked at your help file link then experimented to see if a search for "delete messages" would find it. Unfortunately, those words are too common, with multiple meanings, for it to be a useful search.

Forums has an advanced search mechanism. Could Sonic add that to its knowledge base search function also?

Regards,
Fran Rizzardi
3 posts Page 1 of 1