Petitioning to drop voice bundling

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
27 posts Page 3 of 3
by artakamoose » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:54 pm
julia.harkola wrote:I've always been unhappy with voice bundling. Don't want it. Don't want to pay for it.

My bill has just increased $11/month after the previous $12/month increase. AT&T is offering 1 gig fiber for a flat $55/month in perpetuity. Sonic service has been great, but not $20/month more great. Time to switch.
Not sure what area you're in and the language may be different, but read the T&Cs very carefully. I have a $70/mo lifetime contract with them and it specifically used the term lifetime. At least at my address, the current offer says this:

"No price increase at 12 mos., annual contract, or data caps"

When you click on "See offer details" it shows this also:
"Pricing subject to change."

No price increase at 12 months doesn't mean they won't increase your price at 13/14/etc. months. Especially with the additional language saying "pricing subject to change."
by artakamoose » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:55 pm
Sorry, double post.
by fg7879 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:52 pm
Adding my voice to drop a service I have no interest in and provide a non-bundled option.
by rgraham17 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:56 am
Sonic current widespread advertising of $49.99/month for fiber Internet service is dishonest and should be illegal.
Unbundle the phone service for fiber service!
by rubusdiscolor » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:20 pm
I completely agree that the dishonest mandatory bundling of useless voice "services" to hop up my monthly bill has both prevented me from recommending Sonic to friends, as well as annoyed me to the point that I'm now exploring other, more honest, ISP options. Get it together, Sonic, and stop destroying your own reputation with this infuriating mandatory voice bundling in San Francisco!
by rkrishnakumar » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:54 pm
I've enjoyed my service with Sonic thus far, the internet speeds are as promised and the service availability is great. However as a young individual with no home phone paying $10 for a voice plan and nearly $10 in taxes for the line is causing some real frustration. The nearly $20 in charges for a dormant phone line is almost 40% of my intended bill ($50). Please, please introduce Fiber only in SF.
by mcwong1027 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:00 pm
I am happy to pay $50 for my fiber connection, but not the $10 +~$15 in tax (~$25 total). I was told by Sonic that I cannot remove the phone line from my bundle. I am seriously going to look for other options. Sonic - you failed me....
27 posts Page 3 of 3