Sending all incoming calls straight to voicemail

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by oayfer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:59 am
Hello,

At this point almost all calls on our number that we have had for a while are either scam attempts or some sort of unsolicited other thing. I would like for everything to go straight to voicemail, (known telemarketers still being blocked outright) while retaining the ability to make outgoing calls.

What is the best way to send all incoming calls straight to voicemail?

Many thanks for any advice you are able to share.
by jacob.karinen » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:00 pm
Hello Oayfer,

You could enable blocking on all numbers in your member tools. Go to members.sonic.net/voice and click your phone number. From there select call settings and scroll down to call blocking. Check all the items on the list and hit apply. That should automatically reject all incoming calls. If you have any questions please let us know.

Best regards,
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by oayfer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:25 pm
Thanks for the response!

Does blocking in this context mean they go to voicemail, or are rejected outright? I need to send callers to voicemail if they pass the telemarketer filter, and continue blocking known telemarketers.
by jacob.karinen » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:35 pm
Sorry I misread your original post. Unfortunately that level of blocking would report to the caller that your number is unavailable.

You could set the forward to voicemail at 0 seconds in the call manager option. If you click call manager from the home window of commportal you can set the voicemail timer. That should send all incoming calls to your voicemail immediately.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by oayfer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:19 pm
That works exactly as I wanted - thanks very much!
by jpbartlett » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:16 pm
Hmm.. just ported my number over from Voipo service to my new Sonic account. Like many others, I want all my calls to this number to go directly to voicemail. In the Call manager, I don't see a specific option for sending directly to voicemail. I set the "if no answer send to voicemail" option to zero. It sends callers to voicemail but still rings my phone. How do I set it so it does this but doesn't ring my phone?
by oayfer » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:02 pm
FWIW, setting "sent to vm after" to 0 seconds DOES NOT make my phone ring at all. I wonder if different phones or POTS adapters work differently, as the Sonic iOS app does show a very short ring and a missed call.
7 posts Page 1 of 1