Sending Certain Numbers Straight to Voicemail?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by wsteimle » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:45 pm
Is there a way to send certain callers straight to voicemail without ringing the phone? I don't want to do this for all callers, just a few. Thanks!
by jacob.karinen » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 pm
I dove into the settings for your phone service to see that was an option. The best I could find was forwarding specific numbers to another number or rejecting them outright. I'm still looking into this but I wanted to let you know that someone's looking at it.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by jacob.karinen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:24 am
After some testing unfortunately there isn't a way to send specific callers directly to voicemail. You can either have all calls go directly to VM or you can outright block specific numbers.
Jacob K.
Sonic
by wsteimle » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:58 pm
Thanks for checking. What is the best way to submit a request to add this feature? My old VOIP provider (Ooma) had this feature and it was great. I've been getting a lot more junk calls since switching to Sonic last month and the toolbox to deal with them seems limited.
by jacob.karinen » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:12 am
Right here. Our network and systems teams check the forums pretty frequently and I will send a request up the chain on my side. I can't guarantee anything immediate but we'll look into adding the feature.
Jacob K.
Sonic
by jacob.karinen » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:05 am
After talking with our network engineers I found out this is a feature on our business level services but it's not something we'll be offering on residential services. Its still on their radar but i don't think it's a feature we'll see moved over any time soon.
Jacob K.
Sonic
by artannie » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:58 pm
Two comments and requests:
1) I have set up a rejection list using Voice Manager, but it has a limit of 100 numbers. I still get unwanted calls and I wish you could increase the number in the rejection list as now I must remove one number in order to add a new one.
2) I have enabled rejection of Anonymous calls in Voice Manager, but still Anonymous Calls ring my phone. This is not what is understod by rejection of Anonymous calls. SONIC - PLEASE step up with the unwanted call blocking, including adding capability to rejection list in Voice Manager.
by virtualmike » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:48 pm
artannie wrote:I still get unwanted calls and I wish you could increase the number in the rejection list as now I must remove one number in order to add a new one.
Are you adding every spam caller to the list?

A lot of the numbers are spoofed, meaning the spammer isn't really calling from that number. They typically use a different number for each call they make, and adding that number to the block list really doesn't do anything, as the spammer will use a different number the next time.

I only add numbers that repeatedly call to my block list, so my list only has a few dozen numbers on it.
8 posts Page 1 of 1