Blocking Numbers

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
143 posts Page 1 of 15
by scharfs » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:09 pm
The number of companies and organizations ignoring the do not call list seems to be getting much worse. Filing complaints does not accomplish anything.

It would be great if there were a way to log into your Fusion account and have a way to add phone numbers to block. This would also be a great feature to market Fusion with, something not available from AT&T.
by barbara » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:33 pm
I second this emotion! I get probably at least 5 unwanted telesales calls a day, and it's a real pain.

BTW, I did have this feature with AT&T. Bought a bundle package that included call waiting, forwarding, etc. and allowed two cool kinds of blocking. One blocked a number entirely and the other asked the caller to say their name, then rang through and asked me if i wanted to accept the call. I'd be happy with just the former capability.

With AT&T, I could hang up and then dial some code to tell AT&T to block the last number I received a call from. Very handy!

Thanks -- Barbara
by dane » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:39 pm
Features like this are certainly under discussion here - you'll see a variety of new capabilities arrive on Fusion over time. I can't say when or what items will arrive, but we appreciate requests and are engaged in development.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jillianmoffett » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am
Ever since I switched to Sonic, I've been getting calls from India with a Windows Virus scam. They call me every day! They are awful! I also get calls from Mission Salvation looking for donations. I NEED TO BE ABLE TO BLOCK NUMBERS.
by dane » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:05 pm
Have you registered for the National "Do Not Call" list?

https://www.donotcall.gov/

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bevnrick » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:07 pm
Our new Fusion voice number transferred from AT&T is actually our fax line. We really need to be able to block numbers who are spamming our fax machine (mostly with sleazy travel offers). We had a block on our ATT line, which worked 70% of the time for numbers "unavailable" or "Out of Area". Since switching to Sonic, we're getting inundated with this garbage. (Uses up paper and laser printer ink!)

We need this feature for our Fusion voice account/s! We need to be able to block BLOCKED caller ID numbers.

I'm glad we at least have the option to block OUR fax number.
by virtualmike » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:17 am
Here's a device that will block calls from numbers without ID, junk faxes, etc.

Use The Google with a search term of "block incoming calls" for other options.
by Chuck » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 pm
This would be great. I am a former Ooma subscriber. They gave me blacklists and the ability to block numbers. It was cool you could either have a number get a busy signal or disconnected message. Every time you blocked someone you could choose the type of call so that they were building a database of different numbers and blacklists to provide to you. Any type of this functionality would be welcomed!

I am getting new types of calls every couple days from some occupy wallstreet type people ever since I switched over. Very annoying but the call comes over as Private so I can't even figure out who they are.
by zbarr » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:47 pm
we should also have a way to block private/unknown numbers.

if all phone companies had to let you block #'s and also had the option to reject unwanted/unknown calls, the whole robo calling scam business model would crumble.
by ggladsto » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:04 am
+1 on being able to list numbers to block on the sonic side. We are on the national "Do Not Call" list, yet we still get all kinds of unwanted calls consistently from various numbers. Our Panasonic home phone system has an option to block numbers, but only allows up to 20 numbers to be blocked. Also blocking the calls on the receiving end isn't ideal because sometimes the phone will still ring once before the call is identified/blocked/ring-muted.

Sonic has surprised me with it's feature set as a phone/internet provider so many times, I thought maybe this feature existed. Searching for it is how I stumbled onto this thread.
143 posts Page 1 of 15