Porting Phone Number From Uverse?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
by barryogilvie » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:04 pm
I'm helping a friend sign-up for Sonic.net Fusion and we were told that porting her landline phone number from AT&T Uverse to her new phone line (installed at the same house) might be problematic. Because of business cards and printed stationary it's important to keep her original number.

Not sure why this would be a problem. Is it something specific to AT&T Uverse?

Can anyone give me some insight?

Barry
by virtualmike » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:54 pm
I asked the Google "number portability uverse" and plenty of results were returned. There doesn't seem to be a lot fo complaints that people were not allowed to do so.
by barryogilvie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:19 am
Thanks, virtualmike. I didn't see any specific problems with Uverse porting either, except for more complicated situations like porting to a mobile phone or to Voip. The only caution seems to be: do not cancel the AT&T service before the number porting takes place.

Perhaps Sonic.net Support is just being cautious in saying they can't guarentee porting the phone number from the Uverse dsl/phone line to the new phone line they will be installing for Fusion service at the house.
by dane » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:34 pm
Sorry for the misinformation - porting from U-Verse is no trouble at all. The only challenge is that it cannot be done during the setup of the Fusion line. We instead assign a temporary number, get service delivered and working, and then kick off the port request.

After that port is complete, your U-Verse voice should automatically just terminal and you'd get a final bill, but we'd advise that you check in with them to confirm that they close out the account.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by barryogilvie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:09 pm
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the help, Dane.
by Clu42 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:13 pm
My question about porting a phone number. Originally, I had a landline phone number from AT&T, then I switched to Vonage, and ported that number over to that service. Then a few years ago, I cancelled Vonage, since I no longer needed that as well. And so far that number hasn't been used since. Can Sonic port over that number, once I get service started?
by m.harmon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:26 am
Clu42.

You would have to get Vonage to reactivate your previous voice service before Sonic can start our process.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by Clu42 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:39 pm
I called up Vonage, and the rep said that since I haven't been a subscriber for three years, that the number is now back with AT&T. And as far as I can tell, no one has taken it. So can Sonic just port it from AT&T now?
by m.harmon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:22 pm
Clu42

The phone service needs to be active in order to port it to Sonic. If you can call out and receive calls from that line then we can port it from the carrier to Sonic.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
9 posts Page 1 of 1