Voicemail mailbox broken?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by pgross » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:46 am
Up until a few days ago my voicemail was automatically forwarded to a folder 'Voicemail' in my Sonic email account. Since I switched to fiber, this seems to be broken. Are others seeing this same behavior?

Background:
Sonic's claim: "Our voicemail service is designed to give customers a unified messaging solution where voice messages are delivered as email to our customers. By default, voicemails are delivered to a folder 'Voicemail' that can be accessed using IMAP or webmail. "
And, previously, this truly was integrated. I could access email in that folder and it would reflect in the CommPortal messages. i.e. if I deleted the email with the voicemail it would also be deleted in the CommPortal messages. Now this is no longer the case.

I do know I can forward the voicemail to an email address I specify, but unfortunately that looses the integrated functionality, which is what I need.

Thanks for any thoughts
by joemuller » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:01 pm
Unfortunately, the Commportal does not have the same 1-to-1 integration with your Voicemail folder than the old Fusion DSL service. The closest you can get at the moment is setting up forwarding of voicemail messages to your sonic.net email address.

I'm certainly one of those people who prefers the older, email-based system, but the phone switch software that serves our IP Broadband and Fusion Fiber customers doesn't have the same capability.

-- Joe M
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
2 posts Page 1 of 1