Is it possible to host a conference call using a Sonic phone account?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by ebarich » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:14 pm
Is it possible to host a conference call using a Sonic phone account?
by virtualmike » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:05 pm
That's kind of a wide-open question. What are you trying to do?
by dean.copsey » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:42 pm
My question is similar. I run a group once a month with about 20 members. I would like to set up an audio-only conference call so that people can attend remotely, given that no gathering of more than 5 (or maybe less) people should occur.

I'm looking for this as a service that others (non-Sonic subscribers) could dial into. Does Sonic host such a service? If so, what is the pricing? I'm assuming this would be a business feature, not a home feature, and I'm currently a home customer.

Thanks,
Dean
by dkenglish7 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:24 pm
You'll be so much happier if you sign up for a service like freeconferencecall.com - it is built for this purpose.

What will it cost? You'll get an occasional email encouraging you to try premium features.
I've been using this for 4 years, and the only change is that the call quality has improved and the limits on the free service have risen.
by virtualmike » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:05 pm
Agreed. There are other services as well -- a web search on "free conference calls" will reveal a long list of services. It's not a part of Sonic's package, but you can use it with your Sonic service.
5 posts Page 1 of 1