Sonic Phone Switch didn't adjust for DST?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by virtualmike » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm
Hi,

The caller ID shown on my phone for calls received to my Sonic voice line are indicating an hour earlier than the actual time received. The voice usage log seems to be ok.

My phone sets its time from incoming calls, so right now, it also thinks it's an hour earlier than it is.

Can this be adjusted, please? ...thanks!
by dane » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:23 pm
Have you received an incoming call today? That'd be necessary for your phone to get a new time update.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:50 pm
Yep! That's how I discovered this. A call came in at 1:30 pm PDT (which Voice Usage confirms), but my phone says it arrived at 12:30 pm PDT.

Just tried again, calling my Sonic line from my mobile. Call arrived at 8:47 pm, but reviewing through the phone's caller ID history shows it was received at 7:47 pm. Voice Usage hasn't updated to reflect it yet.

Just to be certain, I checked that my phone isn't making any changes to the time provided by Caller ID. Apparently, it does have a "time adjust" function, but it's set to "Caller ID Auto."
by dane » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:42 pm
What are the "Time adjust" settings options in your phone system there?

Team here hasn't been able to replicate the issue, FYI, so we're a bit suspicious of the equipment on your side. ;)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:16 pm
Either "Caller ID Auto" or "Manual." I chose the former.

However, this is solved. Someone from Support (I apologize, but I forgot his name) called me and suggested the ATA might need to be reset. He gave me instructions for a factory reset, and if that didn't work, told me that the network team could push a reset to it.

When I got home, I first tried a power cycle, which resolved the issue. The phone shows the correct time now.

I honestly keep forgetting that I have an ATA, because I don't have other issues with it! :roll:
5 posts Page 1 of 1